3 Tire Choices - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
Pilot supersport is not the same as the sport cup 2. The first is a street tire in the same category as the Contis. The sport cup 2 is a street-legal track tire in the same category as the previously-mentioned pirellis. From what I read, Acura offers 2 track tires because either one may not be available depending on stock, so offering two choices would mean more availability.
Yup.... Cup 2's are as close to sticky track slicks as possible while remaining DOT complaint. I run Cup 2's on my C7 Z06 on the track and the difference on dry tarmac between the Super Sport is quite significant. Cup 2's and Trofeos on the NSX will instantly elevate its track performance metrics and results... both tires need to be warmed up well to truly reveal its grippy benefits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 08:53 AM

How do you guys warm up your tires? I've heard of people using strong acceleration and braking forces to warm them up.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:05 AM

Aggressive weaving at high speeds ... F1 Style
|\|SX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
How do you guys warm up your tires? I've heard of people using strong acceleration and braking forces to warm them up.
Some guys serious about getting the best times on road course circuits roll with tire warmers. If you doing time attack races, it helps, every split second counts:

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
Some guys serious about getting the best times on road course circuits roll with tire warmers. If you doing time attack races, it helps, every split second counts:

Wow, I didn't even know those were a thing. Definitely something to look at.. I wonder what pricing on those are ?
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Wow, I didn't even know those were a thing. Definitely something to look at.. I wonder what pricing on those are ?
All depends on where you get it from and i'm sure they can get really high tech to a point that it shows you a temperature read out and all, but i've seen some guys with normal cars run some sort of tire warmer.

Can't imagine some cheap mainstream set going for more than $500.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 03:21 PM

I'm seeming to only find tire warmers for motorcyles. But ranging from $400 - $700
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 08:46 AM

Heard the weaving method was a myth and it doesn't really warm up the tires, you're more likely to hit someone else while weaving.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 10:30 AM

That's what i've been noticing as well, I guess for motorcycles there's a much bigger need. With cars it's quite common to see tires being warmed up at the track just baking in the sun. Some guys I know start their day at the track very early, sometimes the first ones to show up.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
Heard the weaving method was a myth and it doesn't really warm up the tires, you're more likely to hit someone else while weaving.
I have seen mixed reviews, but from looking at full tests where they check sidewall, core, shoulder temperatures, it primarily depends on the suns direction and outside heat. Otherwise they'll use the tire warmers to consistently heat the tire throughout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page