Which one is the Better Tire ... Continental or Yokohama? - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Which one is the Better Tire ... Continental or Yokohama?

Which is the better tire? Price difference is so small that it doesn't really matter. I want better fuel economy/durability. Handling/traction/road noise really don't matter to me.

Any experience with these tires? My stock tires were AVID S33 and my fuel economy was pretty good. Those were replaced by the YK520 which lowered my fuel economy by a lot...I want to say 4-5 mpg.

I want something that gives comparable/better fuel economy to the S33 and last a little longer.

#ContinentalTyresAfc

Last edited by zeeshanahmad4u10; 12-04-2014 at 05:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 08:21 AM

Was looking around at replacement tires and came across this old post. I've heard good things about the Continental DWS and they're supposed to be fantastic when wet. Not sure about Yokohamas except that they had stiff side walls.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 08:52 AM

If you don't get a lot of snow or rain, Yokohama would probably be the better choice. Or maybe even a set of Michelin Pilot Sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 AM

I have Yokos for the last 6 years and I would never turn back. Great for all conditions, especially in canada we got all sorts of weather conditions like snow and rain and whatever it may be.

I've head many great reviews about the continental too, but never tried. As I've been satisfied with my yokohamas

Never had Michelin until this year and I don't like them. Planning to go back to the Yokohamas. I found that the michelin didn't grip as well as the Yokos.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 03:50 PM

I think Yojohama is greatly underappreciated, but it's a really good and solid choice. Also money-wise. I have been using Yohohamas for quite some time now and would not change them for a world. Glad that boys from Tire Outlet: Cheap summer and winter tires - tires-bestprices.com recommended them to me.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 08:25 AM

Looking to buy tires.. but fuel economy is the main concern over traction/handling... I'm still a bit confused over this
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Looking to buy tires.. but fuel economy is the main concern over traction/handling... I'm still a bit confused over this
But you're buying into a $150k, gas can't be that bad for you, especially if you live in the city where the hybrid system benefits a lot from it

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 08:41 AM

That's partially the confusing part. But I mean.. typically when looking for tires, my main concern is traction, and treadwear.. That's pretty much it.
mdhira1 likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:31 PM

Hello everyone.
Just wanted to share a useful resource for those looking to find recommended tire pressure settings for their car model.

Yokohama Tire Pressure

Hope this helps!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:31 PM

right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page