Next-Generation TLX Render Shows Acura's Beautiful Future - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Next-Generation TLX Render Shows Acura's Beautiful Future

I'll admit that Acura wasn't my favorite brand in terms of design. The NSX was something bold and new, and it seems that Acura has taken the hint and will update its design language drawing inspiration from its Precision Sedan concept.

This render shows what the next TLX could look like, and if it becomes a reality, I'll become a believer.

It wears the new Diamond Pentagon grille that was on the Precision Sedan concept and the recently revealed 2017 MDX. The headlights have been altered to match the grille, and the aggressive bumper and wheels have been added to show what a Type-S would look like.

Renders Preview that the 2018 Acura TLX Will Look Pretty Snazzy » AutoGuide.com News
KennyLam258 and jackon like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 02:49 PM

I like how they integrated the new grille design into the TLX which flows well with the headlights, although i think they could have done something differently from the bottom of the grille to the bottom end of the bumper, that whole lower section could be revised.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:55 AM

It certainly does look interesting and fi you take a look at the new Acura MDX, you can see what it'll actually look like in real life.

Actually not bad if you take out the horizontal slats in the TLX rendering's lower air intake grille. Too many lines there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:50 AM

Comparing the two shows Acura has good taste in design since they did do well in adjusting the grilles design to the overall profile of the vehicle. Only thing I would do buying an Acura with this new grille design is to buy it in black and black out the chrome. Sometimes some things need to be hidden and that's the case here. Even the concept would have been great like that:

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure it would look good, but I can't say it would be better than the chrome until I see it.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:10 AM

I don't like the new diamond grille on the next gen Acura MDX. It looks like it's been compressed horizontally and looks fat. Maybe shorten the headlights and make the grille longer?

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
I don't like the new diamond grille on the next gen Acura MDX. It looks like it's been compressed horizontally and looks fat. Maybe shorten the headlights and make the grille longer?
I see where you are coming from. They could have made it wider. I just like it so much better than the beak/shield they were doing before. I really didn't like that.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 06:06 PM

I just the chrome pops out too much so doing away with it will clean up the design. If anyone here is good at photoshop, getting this done for us would be greatly appreciated.

@RedNSX... seeing on a black acura with blacked out chrome might make you like it

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

t depends on the exterior color I bet. Some color probably take to black better than others.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 09:02 AM

I like the new diamond pentagon grille on the MDX, not so much on the TLX, as it' makes it really bulky at the front and out of proportion to the size of the car. I personally like it on the MDX as it evens out the design of the car, but the grille could use a bit of a wider size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page