Next-Generation TLX Render Shows Acura's Beautiful Future - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 09:44 AM

Starting to think they learned from grilles like what the 3rd generation TL had going on since it could be said that grille acted as a foundation for what we're seeing now. That generation TL is probably one of the best looking Acura's ever.

and because i'm a Honda/Acura gear head:

KennyLam258 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Not so sure about that grille in the first picture that you osted here but I see the comparison with the second one. Those gold rims are a lot huh?
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:49 AM

I definitely agree with you @|\|SX about the TL My all time fave after the old NSX. TL would be my go to after that.

But damnnn... those gold VOLKS.. so much mods you can do to that model! Love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 AM

My point is, it looks like they pulled from the TL or at least learned from it since it's just about the only older Acura model with a grille that bold and that close to what we're seeing now. Just about every grille design that came before it and that existed till now didn't get anywhere near as much positive feedback.

Acura is listening.

KennyLam258 likes this.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 09:06 AM

They sure are! Keep up the great job Acura (if you're listening) lol

The only grille I never really came to liking was this one:

1fastAcura likes this.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 09:49 AM

That's a good proportion for a grill and I think the diamond pattern will looks equally as nice with a similar design. It looks like they changed up the grille for the Acura MDX so the grille doesn't look as fat. They should keep this and transfer it over to the TLX too.

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 10:43 AM

Even when it came to that point where they slowly started adding the beak, I still saw a need to have the beak blacked out which takes us back to that generation of TL i like, it returns a bold look to the newer grille. Like on this VIP style TL:

KennyLam258 likes this.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
Even when it came to that point where they slowly started adding the beak, I still saw a need to have the beak blacked out which takes us back to that generation of TL i like, it returns a bold look to the newer grille. Like on this VIP style TL:

I actually like the blacked out grille on this one. I didn't like it to begin with, but since it's blacked out, I like the look.

They should come out with more of the blacked out grille as an option
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 10:44 AM

And in black it looks great on the NSX, like in the rendering below. Maybe not on white but on darker colors it should look better. For some people the contrast between a bright color and dark trim is just too much.

KennyLam258 likes this.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 10:09 AM

One thing they should change is the shape of those headlights on the 2018 Acura TLX. It feels disconnected from the grille because of how the diamond grille is angled. Maybe angle the inner corners down a bit or make them more curvy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page