Acura Teases 2017 MDX, Goodbye Beak Grille! - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Acura Teases 2017 MDX, Goodbye Beak Grille!

The 2017 Acura MDX has been teased ahead of its New York debut. The MDX looks like a fresh design for one one of Acura's best selling vehicles, but the thing that I am most excited about is the new grille. No more ugly beak!

Quote:
"We are sharpening our focus on the Precision Crafted Performance DNA of the Acura brand and the 2017 MDX will integrate new styling elements and powertrain technology that takes us another step in that direction," said American Honda VP John Mendel, without elaborating.
Acura teases 2017 MDX for New York debut | LeftLaneNews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM

I think I see similar headlight shape when compared to the Precision concept and that grille makes it look like it has a lot more muscle. Maybe they'll keep the diamond grille pattern too.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 11:23 AM

Indeed and this is exactly what I wanted to see coming out from the concept. Which has me excited to see what they might have planned for the RLX... since that's one vehicle I think can really benefit from the new design direction.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

I thought I'd post the Precision sedan just for reference.

I'm excited to see some more severe lines and sculpting in the new design, but the new grille could be the biggest change in my opinion.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 11:32 AM

can't see much more similarities besides the headlight. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 11:33 AM

Do you guys think we can see some of that design in the baby NSX or could the baby NSX take on a look more of what the NSX has? (which is lacking in precision concept design)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 04:33 PM

I would expect a marriage of the two, but skewing more towards the NSX than the Precision sedan given the body style and the branding.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 09:03 AM

I would assume that the baby NSX would take after it's full sized sibling. The precision concept would look great in larger segments like SUVs.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
I would assume that the baby NSX would take after it's full sized sibling. The precision concept would look great in larger segments like SUVs.
I am more excited to see this design influence in the sedans. I think those are the most in need of some more excitement. The SUVs are good looking and popular. The NSX obviously has great design. It's the sedans that need to be brought to life.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 08:57 AM

The Acura sedans may need some excitement but the SUV and crossover segment is hot right now. I assume they will go wherever the money is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page