Acura Teases 2017 MDX, Goodbye Beak Grille! - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 10:54 AM

As far as volume goes, SUV's is where it's at, I think that's where they have most sales happening right now. So that being the case I guess it makes sense to further strengthen them. Still, those sedans need some work... only one that seems to be doing well is the TLX.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 01:59 PM

That is a understandable thought given the state of the market, but Acura has said that they are going to concentrate on sedans next. It's straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote:
Acura General Manager Jon Ikeda has said sedans are a priority that his team is working on right now. The first peek at what exactly this means could come as early as January's Detroit auto show.

"We've struggled, candidly, with sedans," Mendel said. Though the recent success of the TLX has been encouraging, he said, the flagship RLX needs fixing.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...tronger-sedans
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 08:37 AM

If anyone wants a matching crossover, the 2017 MDX will start at $43,950 and it'll come with the AcuraWatch safety suite. For a fully loaded all-wheel-drive, V-6 MDX you'll be paying $58,400.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 11:41 AM

While Acura does well with SUV's and CUV's (some of their best selling), I rather go the Toyota/Lexus route since the off-road capabilities really appeal to me, then of course you have all the luxury and technology to go with it.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 09:06 AM

You should be able to take the MDX onto dirt toads too, nothing extreme but it should be able to handle the same terrain as Toyota/Lexus SUV. What makes you dismiss the MDX?

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 AM

They are probably more affordable depending on the trim and features you add but the MDX seems to have it all, fuel efficiency and amazing interior with 3 rows of seats.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 08:50 AM

I guess it depends on which Toyota and Lexus models you are looking at for comparison. The 2017 MDX starts from $43,950 and there are Toyota/Lexus SUVs and CUVs that are cheaper but you won't be getting the same interior seating or features.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
You should be able to take the MDX onto dirt toads too, nothing extreme but it should be able to handle the same terrain as Toyota/Lexus SUV. What makes you dismiss the MDX?
You can, you can take an NSX off road but should you? I have no confidence in taking the MDX off road in the sort of conditions that you see people pushing the Lexus LX into which is quite extreme. Do research on the LX/Land Cruiser and you'll see how capable it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page