Here is the Acura Precision Concept! - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Here is the Acura Precision Concept!

We have been wondering how Acura would follow up on the NSX, and now we have our answer. Here is the Acura Precision Concept -- it's beautiful.

Acura described the Precision Concept as a design study for the future of Acura sedans. Acura calls the design theme "Precision Crafted Performance." Wide wheel arches, a vastly improved grille and a super modern and luxurious interior -- it's all gorgeous.

The question I have is, "How much of this concept will actually remain when Acura turns it into a production sedan?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:55 AM

It looks so much better in real life than in the renderings.

The headlights look like lightning and the grille is like a large jewel stuck to the front of the car. Highly doubt these design concepts will make it onto the production model but impressive nonetheless.

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 10:35 AM

Before even reading the article I thought that first image was a rendering, unfortunately it's not, it's the real deal and it's ugly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 02:19 PM

I think that the grille will be toned down a bit but it will make it to production. I think that they are going to move a little bit away from the current style of grille. This:

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:54 AM

Look similar to the upcoming NSX grille but reduce the size of the silver beak and replace the large grille area with the Diamond Pentagon grille.

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:42 AM

Seems like on sedans they'll want to make it wider and cover more of the front end than the current design does. I think if it wasn't for the big Acura emblem I would like the grille more.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

I can see your point on the big Acura symbol but I also have noticed those large emblems on other luxury vehicles so it may be a bit of a trend in the industry right now.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:56 AM

Shouldn't be too hard to remove that badge because I think the whole grille is porous and not a solid piece behind the badge.

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 11:54 AM

I rather have the emblem on the hood, close to where it meets the grille, exactly like how the NSX has it with same proportions. That will be a much cleaner look.

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 04:38 PM

What is the internet saying about the Acura Precision Concept?

Reading a Jalopnik write up on what people are saying about the Acura Precision Concept.

- "it looks like a Mazda."

- "Honda’s luxury brand is finally ditching that absurd and much-hated beak shield grille. That’s a good thing. It’s gotten to the point where that grille looks entirely shoehorned onto every sedan and CUV in the lineup. This angular, almost heart-shaped V-grille with the Acura logo in the center is far more tasteful."

- "Obviously, we’re unlikely to see a production Acura that looks exactly like this (unless Acura pulls a fast one on us) but I’d love to see future Acura sedans keep that tapered shape, kind of like the Audi A7."\

Is Acura's*Precision Concept A Big Design Win Or A Misfire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page