Acura Teases Precision Concept Ahead of Detroit Debut - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Acura Teases Precision Concept Ahead of Detroit Debut

Acura has released a teaser that previews its Precision Concept ahead of its debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January. The concept is to embody the future of Acura sedans.

The most noticeable thing in the teaser is the presence of fender flares.

Quote:
"It is our intention to more strongly express performance through design and the Acura Precision Concept will serve as the inspiration for the styling and proportion of the next-generation of Acura vehicles, especially for our sedans."
It was unclear how Acura was going to move forward with its lineup after the debut of the NSX. It appears that they are taking a decidedly more performance based approach.

Which do you think will be the first sedan to get a NSX-inspired overhaul?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...ncept-preview/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:55 AM

I think Acura will come out with a new sedan more than redesigning an older model. The article mentioned the RDX but there's already a 2016 model for that one.
Hope those fender flares matches the rest of the body in color. I don't think a sports car looks nice with a black strip for the fender flares.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 01:59 PM

I just hope they put the right amount of NSX design into the new sedan. They can't make it totally sporty but they have to inject some sex appeal into their designs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

I like the idea of making more pronounced hips. That would make it stand out and add some flair. I'm curious to see the grille.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 10:16 AM

I think the grille will look similar to the NSX, at least in shape.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
I think the grille will look similar to the NSX, at least in shape.
Seeing the tiny bit of headlight in this teaser photo makes me think you could be right.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 09:46 AM

It looks like the Precision Concept will have a similar beak to the NSX, that bit of silver strip starting from the headlight looks similar though I'm not sure how those silver fender flares will look.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 01:16 PM

I have high hopes for this. It looks like they just might get it right this time. What I mean is, taking the idea of their design language, and executing it properly instead of with a weird grille or just boring people.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
It looks like the Precision Concept will have a similar beak to the NSX, that bit of silver strip starting from the headlight looks similar though I'm not sure how those silver fender flares will look.
When it comes to real world examples, I think Lexus is a good example, from production models to concepts you can see how they've fit the design language to different vehicle types, should help to give an idea of what to see from Mazda with what they're doing.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 09:39 AM

A comment in that article mentioned that it would be nice if they made a sporty car for the common folks with an affordable price tag. Doubt it's going to be the Precision Concept sedan but maybe a coupe that's inspired by the NSX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page