Mazda RX-7 And Honda S2000 Resurrected In The Digital Realm - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Mazda RX-7 And Honda S2000 Resurrected In The Digital Realm

I don't think who ever did the rendering did the S2000 justice but it's what we have to go off of for now, use your imagination for the rest...

Quote:
What are the chances of seeing two of the hottest Japanese names in the sports car segment, the Mazda RX-7 coupe and the Honda S2000 roadster, coming back to life?

We'll get back to you on the rotary-powered coupe right after Mazda fully-discloses its upcoming "Sports Car Concept" at next month's Tokyo Motor Show, as there's a possibility it could be RX-7-related, but as far as Honda is concerned, and beyond the occasional rumors, there's nothing official on a direct replacement for the S2000 at this time.

The only thing we've seen in regards to Honda, are some patent images of what could be a 'baby NSX' with a mid-engine setup, and which we recently rendered to give you an idea of what it could look like in the flesh.

Speaking of renders brings us to these two digital creations from Japanese photoshop-er Patty who tried to revive the spirit of the Mazda RX-7 and the Honda S2000 in our times.

It's not immediately obvious, thanks to Patty's rendering skills, but the RX-7 study is actually based on a picture of Mazda's four-door Shinari sports sedan, while the S2000, on a photo of a Jaguar F-Type Roadster with the face of the Japanese firm's 2013 Urban Concept that previewed the HR-V.

The S2000 is kind of meh, to be frank, but the RX-7 does look enticing, don't you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:59 PM

both renders are despicable. I think the Mazda one might have implications on toyota, the two are partners now.. could you imagine Supra and RX7 being related somehow
|\|SX likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 10:27 AM

The Mazda looks good, but the biggest thing different between the two is one is a convertible and one isn't. Just based on that I would go with the Honda.

Also, the wheels on the Mazda are too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
both renders are despicable. I think the Mazda one might have implications on toyota, the two are partners now.. could you imagine Supra and RX7 being related somehow
Mazda rendering was done good enough IMO, but not something that you could show me a picture of and say it's part of the RX family.... needs more RX DNA.

Rendering below is more like it:

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 07:25 PM

some out there believe it might even be an RX hybrid. Mazda says the rotary is EXCELLENT as a range extender...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 01:34 PM

That render looks amazing. Very Mazda and a great example of what a Mazda halo car could look like. I think the thing I like about it most is the shape of the front wheel arching carrying on to the mid part of the car. Reminds me a little of the old Jaguar form.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:49 AM

Doesn't Mazda already have a sports car concept in the works? I think they were going to show it off at the Tokyo auto show so a Mazda RX-7 variant is more likely than a Honda one.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast&Furious View Post
Doesn't Mazda already have a sports car concept in the works? I think they were going to show it off at the Tokyo auto show so a Mazda RX-7 variant is more likely than a Honda one.
Yes they are, it's set to reveal at the end of this month, for now all they let out was a teaser of what's to come.

Sure looks like something that will be part of the RX family, and a true successor to the RX-7, hopefully better than the RX-8.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 01:58 PM

This Mazda won't really be competing with the NSX though, will it? I imagine that the Mazda will be a bit cheaper than the NSX is going to go for.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 08:55 AM

It's hard to tell if the Mazda RX-7 will compete against the NSX because their's no hints as to it's specs. All we have is a dark outline from Mazda's teaser picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page