New Acura Sportscar Patent Designs Leaked - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

New Acura Sportscar Patent Designs Leaked

New patent images have surfaced online showing a brand new Acura sportscar. We don't know exactly what this vehicle is. We can see that their are cameras instead of conventional side mirrors. That means that this will likely be a a concept shown at a major auto show.

You can definitely see that there is a connection between this vehicle and the Acura NSX. This vehicle seems to have a mid-engine layout and a large diffuser at the rear.

The black roof looks like it could be detachable. Perhaps this is an NSX Roadster we are looking at. It could also be an early look at the S2000 successor.

Guess we will find out later when it makes an in the flesh appearance somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Looks like something that will rival the Alfa Romeo 4C.

With the direction it seems to be taking, it might not be considered the S2000 successor but an entirely new model where its harder to make the connection to the S2000.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM

Just found out about the brands next step for its AWD system, something that could make its debut on this mini-nsx:

Quote:
We've heard in the past month or so from one of our sources that Honda would be showing off some seriously next-gen hybrid technology on a CR-Z they would be running at Pikes Peak, and now response.jp is reporting it, complete with a few photos.

The trick CR-Z will feature Electric SH-AWD coupled with P-AWS (Precision All-Wheel Steering). We're not quite sure what Electric SH-AWD is all about just yet, but something tells us Honda will be filling us in on more of those details in the coming days.
Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - Honda to debut new "Electric SH-AWD" at Pikes Peak

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
Just found out about the brands next step for its AWD system, something that could make its debut on this mini-nsx:

Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - Honda to debut new "Electric SH-AWD" at Pikes Peak
Can't wait to see and hear what more they have on it to be released to us.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 04:16 PM

I saw a 4C in Toronto recently. The first one I've actually seen on the street. It looked good. Red and shiny.

I think that shrinking the NSX style down to something of that size could sell really well. It would certainly add more fun to the Acura brand. I think vehicles like this are the key to elevating the Acura brand to better compete with its rivals.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 01:24 PM

Take rate of these should undoubtly be higher than the 4C and could even rival Porsche with their Cayman, vehicles which have proven the potential of this segment.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
Take rate of these should undoubtly be higher than the 4C and could even rival Porsche with their Cayman, vehicles which have proven the potential of this segment.
Depends how they price it. Porsche and Alfa Romeo have a bit more excitement to their brand, but Honda/Acura can offer a great car for a more reasonable price. I am thinking they will undercut most of their competitors.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 02:31 PM

Looks like the Honda S1000, so my money is on it being the S2000. I'm not sure what AHM will do, give it to Acura or Honda? Globally the NSX will wear the H...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Looks like the Honda S1000, so my money is on it being the S2000. I'm not sure what AHM will do, give it to Acura or Honda? Globally the NSX will wear the H...
Seems to me that it can potentially go strictly Honda, globally, or stick to their traditional way of doing things, following what they did with the last NSX.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 04:50 PM

I think that the Honda name has better cache, but this could be a chance to elevate the Acura brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page