Honda's U.S. operations to take lead on more vehicle design - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Honda's U.S. operations to take lead on more vehicle design

Quote:
Honda has been dinged by the media – us included – for recent lackluster designs, most notably the 2012 Civic. While the company has mostly adhered to its public position that everything is fine, clearly there are some changes being wrought behind the scenes at the Japanese automaker. For one, Honda's North American product development team is going to be taking over the next-generation Civic, according to Automotive News.

Honda will also be developing the Acura NSX here, according to remarks made by Erik Berkman, the company's new president of Honda R&D Americas, speaking at the annual Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars. Berkman has been in charge of Honda's Ohio-based research and development center since April. The organization has some 2,000 employees, a number which is likely to grow in the next few years, according to the report.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/09/h...ehicle-design/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 AM

Yea I just read this news too...

I was kind of hoping it would be designed in Japan but made here. I'd actually prefer it to be made in Japan but what can you do about it..

Wasn't the civic already from North America?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Yea I just read this news too...

I was kind of hoping it would be designed in Japan but made here. I'd actually prefer it to be made in Japan but what can you do about it..

Wasn't the civic already from North America?
i feel the same way about this, especially when it comes to cars like the NSX. A car like the NSX should be designed, developed and built in Japan just like the original NSX, too Acura won't be doing that and "sticking to it's roots"

I feel like the NSX design has too much of an American car influence going on rather than Japanese (which it should be). Hopefully the production model will look good!

If your referring to the 9th gen civic, I believe it was a joint effort by both Honda America and Honda Japan, can't confirm this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page