Glacier Climbing - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Glacier Climbing

Think the NSX would look pretty cool climbing a glacier. Would anyone be interested in doing something fun like this ?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 08:41 AM

Yea...No. You only saw the fun part of his Lambo trip but you didn't see him get stuck even with spikes on his tires.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Oh dear ... definitely didn't see that video lol. Maybe if he would've left it AWD ?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 11:08 AM

The NSX would look nice up there for a photo shoot... that's as far as I would go though
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 04:28 PM

I'd like to see it happen especially with how reliable Honda's and Acura's are known to be and conditions like that should be no problem for it. Plus it will us a bit more confidence in the product, seeing it put through its paces in extreme conditions.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
I'd like to see it happen especially with how reliable Honda's and Acura's are known to be and conditions like that should be no problem for it. Plus it will us a bit more confidence in the product, seeing it put through its paces in extreme conditions.
I think the AWD system should be able to handle it well, but I think the most we'll really see is a video of it on an ice track or something. Nothing like climbing glaciers
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 11:09 AM

At this point there seems to be no telling if Acura will do it or not, they're at this point that they can use whatever creative ways they can to promote the brand with the on-going changes being made.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 09:03 AM

It's not a matter of reliability, that snow was just too deep and the car was just too heavy. The NSX is by no means a light vehicle so I doubt it'll be able to go up a glacier. What Acura can do is give the NSX a custom wrap like that and drive it around a snow track like the one in Arjeplog, Sweden.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 01:41 PM

At least when it comes to winter driving, one thing I know we'll see for sure is some winter drifting. although it won't be as fun to see as with this Regera:

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

I don't think anything is more enjoyable than watching an Regera in the snow... nothing at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page