New Mitsubishi 3000GT Concept - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 08:45 AM

Are you asking if they'll come out with a new Mitsubishi Galant VR-4?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:25 AM

No no, just referring to back when they had the 3000gt in the 90's, they had a vr4 edition as well with more power, all-wheel drive. I was wondering if they would just make one "supercar" 3000gt, or two trim-levels, one being a VRx
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:31 AM

They haven't shown any solid information of wanting to make serious moves in the performance part of the automotive world, so its tough to say but one thing we know for sure is performance segments are heating up, growing demand and growing number of vehicles on the road.

If Mitsubishi comes to market with something it will have to be exciting, exciting enough to compete in the same space the next Supra will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 09:05 AM

That's the thing, with the next Supra up in the air, the name alone carries a huge reputation. The 3000gt wasn't nearly as popular as the Supra/NSX were back in the days
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:28 PM

and on that note the Nissan 370z has been doing well so far, the whole Z line has been doing well and it sort of fits into the space the Supra and vehicles like it ride in, but you have to look at higher a high trim Z.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:58 PM

They would definitely have to bring the Z to a complete new level. Not too sure how that would work marketing wise-though.. You would be shunning the current market completely to bring the Z to a standard that makes it competitive with the NSX/Supra/GTR category
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 04:36 AM

It's a good idea that there isn't a resemblance isn't it? There's a reason why there needs to be new and unique designs in the market. And if a car was loved that much for its old looks, sales would have remained high for those models. I for one much prefer the new look and the new specs that come along with it!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbrowan View Post
It's a good idea that there isn't a resemblance isn't it? There's a reason why there needs to be new and unique designs in the market. And if a car was loved that much for its old looks, sales would have remained high for those models. I for one much prefer the new look and the new specs that come along with it!
Isn't a resemblance to the NSX or prior years styling ?
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbrowan View Post
IMO they could never come out with a new sports car that looks the way the 3000GT does in the pictures posted here. Just looking at the state of design with other car makers, it would fail.

A good example of what will work is the Lexus LC and for something that could come to production, the Mazda RX that was revealed about last year sometime.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 12:46 AM

Hey Shawn. Don't get me wrong here. I'm just saying that manufacturers need to keep bringing newer and newer aspects into the game whenever they release a new model. Differences might be slight, but better a bit of change than none at all. And that being said, I entirely agree with |\|SX that sometimes, the companies really f up and create some monstrosity too. But at least they're exploring right? Haha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page