Think China will copy the Acura NSX? - Page 4 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 12:40 PM

Those wings are "tiny" compared to that other one in my opinion. Those ones that you've shown help the overall look of the vehicles that they are applied to. The earlier... not so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Chinese companies do have the potential to compete globally if they would start developing their own power trains and designs. The TREV supercar sounds revolutionary if it comes to fruition and could pave the way for their global debut but until that happens the Chinese automotive companies will have no traction outside of China.

post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 10:34 AM

they have been hiring some key people and that's part of what it's going to come down to which is who is on their team.
one thing i know they've been active doing is hiring european car designers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
Those wings are "tiny" compared to that other one in my opinion. Those ones that you've shown help the overall look of the vehicles that they are applied to. The earlier... not so much.
The size of the wing isn't the problem, it's the odd way that thing's mounted. Would actually prefer the vehicle without the wing for cleaner lines.

What's appealing is the engine under that body. The NSX was touted as revolutionary but as the TREV could follow in Acura's footsteps without the need to directly copy another manufacturer.

post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:28 AM

Fortunately these days I think there's a growing amount of car makers looking into active aero. McLaren set the stage for that with their P1 hypercar. Massive wing but it also tucks right in to the rear end when not required.

post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:40 PM

That is definitely the most ideal way to have a wing. Available for use when you need it, hidden away when you don't. That and it's actually functional and beneficial to the car
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Would be great if a company comes out with a car that uses McLaren's active spoiler and Alfa romeo's active aero splitter. Of course there may be copyright problems if this happens but with the lax rules in China, maybe they can do this on a body of an NSX.

post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:59 AM

It definitely is a possibility. But considering how this JLR lawsuit is going, I really want to see where they'll stand on the whole "copy" front.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
That is definitely the most ideal way to have a wing. Available for use when you need it, hidden away when you don't. That and it's actually functional and beneficial to the car
Only downside is the whole assembly that moves the spoiler up and down can weigh a lot which usually means they have to cut weight somewhere... which isn't cheap. So when it comes to the lower range of supercars like the NSX... there will be a slim chance of it happening.
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 08:40 AM

Yup, the spoiler, the brackets, the motor to run it up and down, solenoids, heck even the wiring is added altogether in that. I can't see the NSX coming with something like that, which I don't really mind either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page