Think China will copy the Acura NSX? - Page 3 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:56 AM

it looks like the Vulcan front end, i8 center section, kinda p1 tail light area... I don't know but it definitely doesn't look anywhere close to an attempt at an "original" design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
I did however find this all electric supercar that might become reality, and it's from China:

I actually wouldn't mind one of those, but I would need to see the rear-end and interior to know if it's up to par. Wonder what the power looks like out of one of these things
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM

Specs is another one i'd need to find out, probably that before the interior since if they have exterior design and all the technicals on point, then an interior that doesn't really come out on top of the rest is one I wouldn't mind. As long as it looks and drives the part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

I guess that specific electric vehicle would look original to those who aren't car enthusiasts. Not sure those outside of china will be interested in the slightest unless the power-train has something new or amazing. The Techrules Turbine-Recharging Electric Vehicle is more of a hybrid like the NSX so it could be competition from china if it ever goes into production. The side vents reminds me of the NSX.

post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:02 PM

Now that actually really catches my attention. It does look very appealing. The rear end could use some adjustments but ... it's really nice to look at from the front end alone

post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:22 PM

I was pretty on board with that purple thing until I seen the rear end. Is that supposed to be a wing ...?! The bottom diffuser piece looks alright, but not with that "frame-work" around the back end of it. Weird
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:13 PM

What might really help a Chinese brand is if they can partner up with an already established brand. The capital alone that those Chinese companies have or can hav access to will help them out a lot.

post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:20 AM

I often question why they don't do that. It seems to make the most sense as far as looking at it from a sales point of view. Much more exposure, more credibility, it's a win-win
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:07 AM

That rear wing is hideous and just takes away from the overall design of the concept model and I can't see an already established brand wanting to help bring a China brand to the global market. Most partnerships involve the global brands using a Chinese company to get their foot into the very large Chinese market door.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 11:06 AM

I agree although there are times that wings can help the overall look and theme of a vehicle and these are some examples where I think they have worked well, although they aren't concepts:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page