Hennessey Performance Really ?! - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Hennessey Performance Really ?!

Well, considering we recently seen that Hennessey Performance is in fact taking on the NSX it has caused quite the stir up. But apparently Mr. John Hennessey is back at it again with his crookish behaviour. Here's a snippet from a posting by TTAC.

Quote:
All Ahmad Ali wanted was a Chevrolet Corvette souped up to have enough horsepower to defibrillate God. To realize this dream, the Qatari went to one of the most famous names in the car tuning business: John Hennessey. But three years later, he is still fighting Hennessey Performance Engineering for more than $70,000 of a refund for a car he said he never got. And numerous ex-HPE employees told Jalopnik that Ali wasn’t alone—that the man and his famed tuning company are engaging in a litany of deceptive business practices.
Full Article : John Hennessey Again Earns His 'Crook' Badge

I don't know about you guys, but I highly doubt that I would be letting them touch my car at all at this point. I hate dealing with squirmish people, especially when they have a long reputation for it. I do get that they are capable of producing amazing vehicles, but at what risk ?! I'm really hoping companies like Underground Racing or Alpha takes on the NSX.

Who else still plans on dropping off their NSX to Hennessey Performance ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 11:54 AM

Definitely not worth it at that point. Fortunately the new NSX is a whole new breed of NSX that has the right mix of things going on to get a good volume of buyers, and with that you can expect a good volume of aftermarket parts suppliers.

Too bad for now it's going to be quiet before we hear anything else from the rest.
Will make sure to keep an eye out.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 09:12 AM

That's really disappointing. But I'm glad it's being put out there to save other potential Hennessey customers. This is disgusting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 11:35 AM

It's well known that it's high risk to let H mod your car.... IMHO I'd never let that company touch any of my cars. Ever.

Caveat Emptor.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Agree with all of the above. There's way too many customer/employee testimonials to justify even thinking about going to Hennessey. We're just going to have to wait a little long for some more aftermarket support. But again, Really hoping for UGR to take a whack at this
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:03 PM

On the plus side its even more of an excuse to stay stock and really get a feel for what the NSX is like from the factory. So those taking delivery of these right away will really know their NSX by time some of the more significant mods come around.

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

That is true. Instead of just jumping the gun and sending the car off for tuning. Get a true feel for it over a good period of time and figure exactly what aspects you want altered.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 02:14 PM

So, news came out about the NSX being the brands most customizable vehicle from the factory, something that should keep us busy till more aftermarket brands release products.

This is exactly the sort of thing Acura needs to elevate themselves since these days offering a high end product more tailored to individual needs is where they can find profit:

Quote:
“The car will offer more factory-installed options than any other vehicle that we have ever had. Today the supercar customer wants to personalize it, wants to make it ‘mine,’” Mike Accavitti, senior vice president and general manager of Acura, told Edmunds.
More: 2016 Acura NSX Will Be the Brand's Most Customizable Model Ever

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 01:27 PM

the carbon fiber exterior package was a great thing to have and represents well what can be done on a factory level but I think some will say they can kick it up a notch. Ove time that will matter though since right now they have enough going on to buy them time till more is due.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
“The car will offer more factory-installed options than any other vehicle that we have ever had. Today the supercar customer wants to personalize it, wants to make it ‘mine,’” Mike Accavitti, senior vice president and general manager of Acura, told Edmunds.
This is exactly it. If I'm spending over $200k, I want to make darn sure it's my flavour. There really hitting the nail on the head with this. I mean look at places where supercars are of an abundance. Majority of them have something unique done to them. Whether it be paint, wraps, accents, wheel setups, body modifications, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page