9-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission Details - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

9-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission Details

All the key points you need to know about what's mated up to that 500+ hp powerhouse...

Quote:
The new 9-speed dual clutch transmission works in concert with the engine and Direct Drive Motor to make full use of the power unit's broad power band, producing lightning quick gear changes that support the NSX's zero-delay response. As a key component of the Advanced Sports Package, the 9DCT has been optimized for compact size, low mass and low CG.

The 9DCT has a very wide ratio range that allows for optimal gear selection in all driving conditions. First gear ratio is configured for maximum vehicle launch acceleration, while the close-ratio gears (2nd through 8th) are perfectly matched to make the most of the power unit's power band. Conversely, high gear (9th) has been optimized for fuel efficiency during steady-state highway cruising.

In efforts toward compactness and reduction of mass, the clutch and the differential are uniquely situated side-by side in a common housing. By adopting this design, overhang from the rear axle is minimized while the center of mass is moved forward.

Other advanced technologies incorporated into the 9-speed DCT are:
  • Electronically-operated wet dual clutch, a high-rigidity shift fork, double-cone synchronizer, and an electronic shift actuator to more precisely synchronize power unit torque with shift timing for the quickest and smoothest shifts possible
  • Precision surfaced high-efficiency hypoid bevel gear tooth shape for all gears for improved operation with reduced gear noise
  • Addition of two oil "rooms" within the transmission housing for more efficient and higher-capacity cooling
  • Clutch case and differential carrier integrated into the transmission for a more lightweight and compact structure
  • Lightweight high-strength gearbox case
  • Multiple-plate limited slip differential (LSD) provides increased traction when accelerating and cornering at the limits of adhesion

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:04 PM

do we know if this DCT has the torque converter as well, like the one in TLX?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 09:03 AM

I think I found a picture of the engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 02:11 PM

That looks quite a bit different from most other engines that I have seen. I am guessing that the lower part is more of the hybrid part of the engine.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
That looks quite a bit different from most other engines that I have seen. I am guessing that the lower part is more of the hybrid part of the engine.
no that's the transaxle...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 08:45 AM

Where is the three electric motors located there? Or is that just the V6 twin only?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
no that's the transaxle...
I just assumed since it looked like that would be where the electric motors that connect to the front wheels would be.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:48 AM

To me that looks a pretty much related to the same engine models. I am wondering that the reduced aspect is more of the multiple aspect of the motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page