Opinion on the new NSX being a hybrid? - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Opinion on the new NSX being a hybrid?

What is everyones opinion on these new supercars being Hybrids? Good or bad thing? Need or want?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 AM

i want to say that techical things are totally different from engines. so i dont appreciate this thread.............
Alladsclassified
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM

^ wtf is wrong with this spammer lol

I dont think that supercars becoming hybrids are necessarily a bad thing but when it come to want or needs it just depends.

With the technology today i could see supercars revolutionizing to all hybrids simply because its more green technology and the amount of hp that a electric motor could make now is insane. As for good or bad, i could see a lot saying it will not be the same especially those petrol heads who are stubborn to try new things. Now the biggest question s the cost, this newly found technology does come with a price tag. If not we will have to wait for a while till something new or updated ones come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 AM

It's a bad move by the manufacturers I guess because it will affect the performance of the vehicle and you know what Hybrids don't have much life.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Many cars around this price range are moving to hybrids.

The electric motors actually add a bunch of torque to the low end and improve mileage. In terms of durability it's not any much worse than a gasoline motor. Still needs maintenance for the electric motor and battery replacement eventually.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 PM

The hybrid motor isn't just for MPGs or power, it also is the main controling feature for the torque vectoring. I think its pretty neat idea. I do wonder if it will hurt the ability to be a driver's car.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 AM

I don't think super cars are becoming compounds and actually a bad factor but when it comes to needs it just relies upon. With the technological innovation these days i could see supercars changing the landscape of to all compounds basically because its more natural technological innovation and the quantity of hp that an engine unit could create now that's really crazy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnDee View Post
I don't think super cars are becoming compounds and actually a bad factor but when it comes to needs it just relies upon. With the technological innovation these days i could see supercars changing the landscape of to all compounds basically because its more natural technological innovation and the quantity of hp that an engine unit could create now that's really crazy.
What its really doing is widening the market for these cars. Before besides the funds one needed to be an actual driver to handle some of these beasts. Torque vectoring and other technological advancements have made these vehicles much more user friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page