2016+ Acura NSX Forum

2016+ Acura NSX Forum (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/)
-   Appearance and Body (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/appearance-body/)
-   -   2016 NSX Paint Codes? (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/appearance-body/6722-2016-nsx-paint-codes.html)

HondaOrDie 07-22-2016 11:57 PM

2016 NSX Paint Codes?

Hello, everyone. First off, I want to say that I'm blown away by the newest NSX. I love everything about it especially the new colors. I've been searching all over for paint codes and no luck so far.

I've searched the web, this site, and places like automotive touchup and scratch wizard with no luck either. Plus, I don't have an Acura dealer anywhere around.

Can anyone help me? I'm looking for the paint codes for Nouvelle Blue Pearl and Valencia Red Pearl. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

FastAndFurious 07-23-2016 07:59 AM

I tried searching for the codes and couldn't find them either. It isn't on the order form so you may have to email an acura dealership that isn't near you. What do you need the code for if you don't mind me asking?

HondaOrDie 07-23-2016 10:36 AM

I'm trying to find the perfect color for my CRX build. I've torn the car completely down and I'll be doing a complete color change inside and out. Its more of a full out restoration. As of now, I'm probably going to go with the individual BMW color San Marino Blue. I'd like to keep a Honda color, but these NSX codes are proving to be impossible to find.

Thanks for the advice, I may call one and see if they can give me any information. If I find out anything, I'll be sure and post it.

Shawn 07-25-2016 08:41 AM

San Marino Blue would be gorgeous. I would love to see some pictures of that build as I've actually loved the CRX.

I tried going through the site as well and couldn't find anything. Sometimes when you go through the vehicle configurator, on the summary they'll list the paint code... not this time lol

|\|SX 07-25-2016 03:28 PM

At this point you won't find anything else online. It will be available on a dealer level, so you need to contact the dealer or wait on someone here to get that information. Even just calling up the parts guy at the local Honda dealer will help, they have the same access that Acura guys do and Acura dealers selling the NSX>

Shawn 07-25-2016 03:52 PM

Or sneak into the body shop area of a dealership and ask the painter to "help you out a little"

RedNSX 07-26-2016 08:54 AM

Let us know if the Acura dealership tells you anything. If all else fails, I think the CRX would look great in San Marino Blue

|\|SX 07-26-2016 12:52 PM

A great way to look for colors is to see what's currently going on with car makers, colors that they're using. The only downside is it will cost a pretty penny to have done. But there is a cheaper and DIY way, which is wrap. If you're lucky enough you'll find a color similar to the one you want available as a wrap.

NightWing 07-27-2016 09:32 AM

Getting the wrap is definitely the next greatest idea. Substantially cheaper and you're open to a great lot of unique colours. The only thing is, if you're building for a full-on immaculate restoration, you're going to want to go the paint route. There's nothing more rewarding than a deep, smooth, flawless paint job.

|\|SX 07-27-2016 11:06 AM

That's true, wrapping is more of a temporary thing to do but is something to consider for those willing to experiment with some colors with little to no drawback from having it.