Acura NSX vs BMW i8 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Acura NSX vs BMW i8

Here it is, the two hybrids that costs more than $100,000 and they're going head to head.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 03:49 PM

Video got removed. Do you remember which publication it was from or any specific person that was in it?

Even with a comparison like this that will highlight how each model performs it just won't resonate that much with buyers. Taking away performance and looking at some other reasons some people will buy these its easy to see how quick someone will go with the i8 or NSX. Usually someone that really likes the i8 and what BMW can offer will just go i8, hard to tell them otherwise.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 11:05 AM

I hope it was by MotorTrend, those guys are pretty good with video reviews. Quite entertaining too.

The i8 came out like 2 years ago which means it definitely has a bit more of a familiar edge I guess ? That being said it's expected to have a bmw with a high price tag, compared to a Honda with a high price tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

No idea why it was removed on youtube, but here's the video on road Show: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos...-****-raisers/

He doesn't really pick a favourite, but you can hear it from his voice that the NSX is more fun to drive.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 11:40 AM

They just do not want anyone link to their things, the link you posted doesn't work. Maybe this one will last: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos...-****-raisers/

The i8 has a bit of understeer and it's not as sharp as the NSX, it's great as a daily drive and looks great, but the NSX performs better.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

I'm not a fan of BMW vehicles for reliability reasons. It probably doesn't affect their more expensive models like the i8, but I'd rather not take the risk. At least we know Honda is reliable as will the NSX be.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 10:55 AM

Considering this is an all new engine, I'm still going to be weary on this engine. Nothing is similar to any other engine Honda offers. Everything is different. Of course Honda does have a better name reliability wise over BMW but a mechanical is a mechanical component. When you deviate to something different, there's always a larger margin for error.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Considering this is an all new engine, I'm still going to be weary on this engine. Nothing is similar to any other engine Honda offers. Everything is different. Of course Honda does have a better name reliability wise over BMW but a mechanical is a mechanical component. When you deviate to something different, there's always a larger margin for error.
There's always going to be that concern and while we don't have anything solid to go off of on its engine as we know it, with all the detailed information Acura has on it, i'm sure we can trace back some of what went into the NSX from other Acura's. For example the hybrid powertrain, there has to be something similar going on between it in the NSX and the RLX.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

People complain about the NSX exhaust sound, but the i8 sound is coming from the stereo and it's fake...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 07:09 AM

I don't see how people complain about NSX exhaust sound, for me it sounds really good and from personal experience because I was let to drive i8 by my friend from DSRLeasing I would totally pick NSX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page