Dodge Viper ACR vs 2017 Acura NSX - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Dodge Viper ACR vs 2017 Acura NSX

If you're looking for something to have stupid amounts of fun in and for around NSX money, the Viper ACR is it, all for $140,000 out the door. Although this is a whole different animal from the NSX, keep in mind it can smoke Veyron's, Huayra's. That's a big deal.

There are many perks to getting the ACR over NSX, it's not going to be for everyone, but these video's will get you in the know:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 02:22 PM

I associate Vipers with really nasty people. I'm sure owners are not all bad, but I think that the car has that reputation for a reason.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 AM

It's got a 8.4L V-10 engine while the Acura NSX has a smaller 3.5L V-6. Yea the Dodge Viper ACR is gonna win but it's a track car. You're comparing a showy track car that's hard to drive to a daily driver that you can pick up grocers with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
It's got a 8.4L V-10 engine while the Acura NSX has a smaller 3.5L V-6. Yea the Dodge Viper ACR is gonna win but it's a track car. You're comparing a showy track car that's hard to drive to a daily driver that you can pick up grocers with.
It all comes back to what you're looking for in a car, not everyone looking at the NSX will only be interested in it and vehicles very much like it. So for those the Viper is something to consider. Of course different types of fun can be had with them.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 02:45 PM

The NSX is also a hybrid while the Viper is not. I think something should be said for that.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:52 AM

The NSX may have less ponies but it'll be no less fun to drive on curvy mountain roads and it has better fuel economy. Not something you really look at but that's a plus and if someone really wants a Wiper, they would go for one.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 12:23 PM

I've never believed that more power necessarily means more fun to drive. I think that is a very juvenile way of judging car performance.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
The NSX may have less ponies but it'll be no less fun to drive on curvy mountain roads and it has better fuel economy. Not something you really look at but that's a plus and if someone really wants a Wiper, they would go for one.
another key thing to look at is where and how these make power and it just might be far more fun to get the NSX up in the revs since typically Honda/Acura's are rev happy machines. And that's not typically the case with cars that have engines as big as the Viper.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 03:51 PM

I think the Viper weighs approximately 300 pounds, give or take, less ?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
another key thing to look at is where and how these make power and it just might be far more fun to get the NSX up in the revs since typically Honda/Acura's are rev happy machines. And that's not typically the case with cars that have engines as big as the Viper.
I assume the NSX will have a linear power delivery but we'll have to wait for someone to publish a dyno chart to more accurately see at what rpm the power is being delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I think the Viper weighs approximately 300 pounds, give or take, less ?
The viper has a curb weight around 3386 lbs...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page