McLaren 570s? - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

McLaren 570s?

Being $40,000 (USD) more than the NSX, is anyone here considering the all-new 570S? Depending where you are located, the 540C can be had for $10,000 more than the NSX, but I rather spend the extra $30k...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 12:42 PM

Umm... $40,000 is a lot more money. I'd consider other vehicles, but they would have to have a more reasonable price. That's one thing I like about the NSX.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Depending where you are located, the 540C can be had for $10,000 more than the NSX
If it's just 10k more then I may think about it because it's a gorgeous piece of machinery. Too bad these hybrid cars aren't eligible for electric vehicle rebates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 11:53 AM

How can the price discrepancy have so much difference in different areas? is that all to do with tariffs?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 08:43 AM

Probably transportation fees, taxes, etc. It varies from location to location. Hard to say actually.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

$40k more is a lot more to spend but it's worth it if you really like the McLaren. One thing that might kill it for some folks is the 570 isn't classified as a supercar, in McLaren's terms its a sports car.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
How can the price discrepancy have so much difference in different areas? is that all to do with tariffs?
well it probably has more to do with the fact that the 570S and 540C are DIFFERENT CARS!!!

570 is +30K, 540 is +10K...
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
$40k more is a lot more to spend but it's worth it if you really like the McLaren. One thing that might kill it for some folks is the 570 isn't classified as a supercar, in McLaren's terms its a sports car.
meh I don't think thats what's going to keep people away from it. The NSX isn't a super car either...
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 04:52 PM

Guess I was just never interested in McLaren that much. I am not really looking at other options from the NSX. But waiting is starting to become tiresome. If I can't get the NSX, I'd probably go with a M or AMG version of a BMW or Mercedes. I don't need a "supercar" style car. Though the NSX is cool and I am still praying there won't be any more delays.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
Guess I was just never interested in McLaren that much. I am not really looking at other options from the NSX. But waiting is starting to become tiresome. If I can't get the NSX, I'd probably go with a M or AMG version of a BMW or Mercedes. I don't need a "supercar" style car. Though the NSX is cool and I am still praying there won't be any more delays.
I keep my options open since being a purchase up to $200,000 that i will be sticking with for some time... I rather ensure I get the best of that money no matter which car maker its coming from.

Plus any true Honda enthusiast and anyone that has been a Honda enthusiast for a long time will naturally like McLaren

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page