McLaren 570s? - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
I keep my options open since being a purchase up to $200,000 that i will be sticking with for some time... I rather ensure I get the best of that money no matter which car maker its coming from.

Plus any true Honda enthusiast and anyone that has been a Honda enthusiast for a long time will naturally like McLaren
What is the relationship between McLaren and Honda?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 09:35 AM

McLaren parted ways with Mercedes after the 2014 Formula 1 season and joined up with Honda.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:42 AM

While I have a deposit on a forthcoming NSX allocation, I am keeping my options open and still eye'ing and not giving up on the 570S. I test drove one back in March and what a great entry-level exotic/sports car.

My build for a 570S would be <200k and my build for the NSX would be <180K.... so a 20k delta. Performance metrics aside, the big plus I like about the Mc is the CF chassis tub as well as the Dihedral doors. Styling is subjective and I like both... both have pluses and minuses based on each of our own personal perspective.

With either one, I don't think you can go terribly wrong... just pick your weapon of choice.

1fastAcura likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:51 AM

The type of people deciding between them will be either the first group that's looking for something cool with image to go with it, which McLaren delivers on image and the coolness factor. Then you have the NSX that might not serve too well with image but checks a lot of other boxes. Then there's the other group that will get into all the details of what each one has, what's better, what's worse, etc.

Good place to start for most of us will be with reviews from some well knowns:

forty5th likes this.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 11:00 AM

^ Yup I have seen literally all the vids on YT, including CH's, on these cars.... the disadvantage right now is no test drive yet on the NSX. So first-hand comparison is TBD. I wish I could get both! Haha.... but one or the other like I said is a good choice. I actually ruled out the Huracan LP580-2 against these two.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty5th View Post
^ Yup I have seen literally all the vids on YT, including CH's, on these cars.... the disadvantage right now is no test drive yet on the NSX. So first-hand comparison is TBD. I wish I could get both! Haha.... but one or the other like I said is a good choice. I actually ruled out the Huracan LP580-2 against these two.
Porsche is another option although not nearly as 'fresh' as the NSX, 570s, etc when it comes to styling. But i'm looking for performance and all the things the typical enthusiast looks out for as priority, 911 falls into that category.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:34 AM

The Audi R8 is also a good option... even with the V10 Plus package, you're looking ball park right around the $190ish ?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

It can even be said that the BMW i8 fits into this comparison. Quite often the i8 is put into discussions where rivals to the 911, NSX, 570, etc is brought up. But when you really narrow it down and look at what vehicles come closest to each other, I believe the NSX, 911, and 570__ should come to mind - it's what I will be looking at.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:03 AM

We're comparing the NSX to the 570S but why not the 570GT also? The GT seems to be set up for more comfort on long distance drives and it has a twin-turbo 3.8-liter V-8 too.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 01:44 PM

One noteworthy point out here is the 570 will be getting a spider version. We don't yet know if the NSX will also come as a targa top or just anything aside from being the coupe it currently is, those that wanted an open roof option like the last NSX will want to give the 570 a closer look:

Quote:
The new GT, which will cost 154,000, is the third car in the Sports Series line-up. It sits alongside the entry-level 540C Coupe and performance-focused 570S Coupe and will be joined by a Spider version in 2017. There won't be a 2+2 model any time soon; McLaren says that would require a complete redesign of the car's MonoCell underpinnings, which isn't viable.
Might have to take my own advise on this one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page