AutoGuide asks: "Ford GT or Acura NSX?" - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

AutoGuide asks: "Ford GT or Acura NSX?"

I'm betting that we have some bias when it comes to forum member, but AutoGuide just put up a poll that asks: " Acura NSX or Ford GT?"

What do you guys think? Which do you like better?

Quote:
Neither of these supercars are officially for sale yet and we donít even know all the specs, but that isnít stopping us from really, really wanting them.

Both the Ford GT and Acura NSX are throughly modern takes on their equally legendary predecessors. The cars will both come out officially for the 2017 model year. The Ford GT will be powered by a twin turbo V6 good for about 600 hp, while the Acura NSX will run on a hybrid powertrain with a twin turbo V6 said to output about 550 hp.

Which sexy supercar would you rather own? The Ford GT or Acura NSX? Have your say in the poll below.
Poll: Ford GT or Acura NSX? Ľ AutoGuide.com News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 12:00 PM

One downside with the Ford GT is apparently production will be limited to the low hundreds, so while there will be some that want it, not everyone will get to own it. I doubt this will be the case with the NSX.

Being a Honda/Acura fan, NSX all day.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
One downside with the Ford GT is apparently production will be limited to the low hundreds, so while there will be some that want it, not everyone will get to own it. I doubt this will be the case with the NSX.

Being a Honda/Acura fan, NSX all day.
Some people want that exclusivity. For me the NSX is already at an exclusive level. I don't care that no one else has one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:35 AM

Acura NSX all the way. It looks better than the Ford GT and if a buyer really want's something that exclusive there are other options out there. Also it's easier to obtain than the GT.

Read this comment from someone about the poll
Quote:
The GT will be difficult to get due for first reserves going to current GT and Ford owners and will be difficult still if you have the financial means of a millionaire, you would need to be approved since this car is so limited in production.
Not worth the money and effort at this point.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 11:32 AM

Due to how limited it is, it has me wondering if Ford will create a model right under it that's a volume product.

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:14 PM
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
I have about 10 hours of seat time in a 952 RWHP Heffner Twin Turbo Gen 2 Ford GT and best car I have ever driven.

I would go Gen 3 over new NSX any-day but I love domestics.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manger
AutoGuide.com

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
Due to how limited it is, it has me wondering if Ford will create a model right under it that's a volume product.
I could see that. That space isn't filled by anything else that Ford offers. GT is exclusive, so why not make a cheaper one, that is more accessible to make everyone happy.
|\|SX likes this.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Who View Post
I could see that. That space isn't filled by anything else that Ford offers. GT is exclusive, so why not make a cheaper one, that is more accessible to make everyone happy.
Something along of the lines of the Porsche Cayman is what i'd like to see when thinking about price and what it should have.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Ford could do something really cool with a vehicle in that vein. Have they done anything like that in the past?

I'm just not sure on how popular that market is right now.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 AM

i haven't seen anything like it from them ever but with the direction they're going with performance vehicles this is going to be one great way to leverage what's going on into something more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page