AutoGuide asks: "Ford GT or Acura NSX?" - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 12:46 PM

But it wouldn't actually compete against the Cayman. What would its other direct competitors be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 10:46 AM

I know the Alfa Romeo 4C slots right into that segment perfectly.

If Acura can create their own '4C' then that could do VERY well, possibly doing a better job at pulling in the audience.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
I know the Alfa Romeo 4C slots right into that segment perfectly.

If Acura can create their own '4C' then that could do VERY well, possibly doing a better job at pulling in the audience.
I agree. Acura being slightly less expensive than rival brands but still luxury and driver focused. It sounds like the perfect character to play well in this segment. As long as they believe sales would be enough for it to be profitable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 08:48 AM

I think Alfa's 4C is around 55k. If Acura can design something just as sleek with more options than just a six-speed automatic like the 4C, I don't see why they can't profit from it.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast&Furious View Post
I think Alfa's 4C is around 55k. If Acura can design something just as sleek with more options than just a six-speed automatic like the 4C, I don't see why they can't profit from it.
I would think that Acura would sell it for a lesser price as well, which would give it an advantage.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 11:41 AM

Since the Cayman in its top spec gets quite expensive, and the Alfa doesn't get too crazy but is priced well, slotting something that gives the best of both will serve them well, even more with a type r version.

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Since the Cayman in its top spec gets quite expensive, and the Alfa doesn't get too crazy but is priced well, slotting something that gives the best of both will serve them well, even more with a type r version.
You think that Acura would price above the Alfa Romeo 4C?
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 08:49 AM

I feel like Acura is a bit lower on the luxury brand ranking than Alfa Romeo so it'll be hard to compete if their vehicles cost more for similar performance.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 10:22 AM

Acura might have an entry-level trim that competes with the Alfa on price but they can always push into the Type R trim for more performance at a higher price. That's something i'd like to see happen.

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Acura might have an entry-level trim that competes with the Alfa on price but they can always push into the Type R trim for more performance at a higher price. That's something i'd like to see happen.
That would be a great way to try to capitalize on both opportunities. Has there even been a Type R version of the NSX announced though, or are we just assuming there will be one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page