Acura NSX vs Audi R8 - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

cool story bro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 03:52 PM

Aren't the two cars a lot different because the NSX is a hybrid? Is the R8 also a hybrid. Whether there are performance differences or not, the fact that one is hybrid and one isn't will set the two apart enough that people will be still interested in the NSX. I also think that the NSX has a nicer design.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

No the R8 is either V8 or V10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
No the R8 is either V8 or V10.
I believe the R8 went V10 a few years ago, the V10 comes from a Lamborghini. Still rather get a lamborghini over the V10 R8.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
On another note:
With the partnership with McLaren in 2015 in F1 and McLaren talking about a smaller less expensive street car to compete on price point with Porsche. It might be interesting to see if they tap into the NSX power plant or maybe a detuned HPD engine used in Indycar or the new GrandAm/ALMS series.
I'm sure once the Mercedes apron as been severed on the F1 end; Honda maybe a natural choice for McLaren's street cars

Just a thought
its possible, but I'm going to doubt it. Honda is not going to produce an engine just for McLaren unless they have something to use it in. Now that could be shared between the NSX and McLaren but I'm prety sure Mac typically goes with a flat plane set up, while the new NSX is going to be a cross plane. Mac isnt exactly helpless when it comes to building engines, the MP has a McLaren built engine and they own the rights to Walkinshaw racing and all their engine dev work.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:11 PM

The only vehicle that I think actually compares to the NSX is the BMW i8. I just don't think you can compare two cars when one is hybrid and the other is not, especially in the supercar/sportscar arena.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
The only vehicle that I think actually compares to the NSX is the BMW i8. I just don't think you can compare two cars when one is hybrid and the other is not, especially in the supercar/sportscar arena.
This is true.
R8 is IMO a step above but with the NSX's lighter weight and V6TT setup it could be close to the R8, We'll just have to wait and see.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Isn't the BMW i8 full electric?
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 PM

From what i read, it just has an all electric range of under 40 miles. The rest of the time it's powered by a 3 cylinder hybrid engine setup. Not fully electric but still practical, 100% electric wouldn't be as practical for most.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
this is not true at all. If Hybrid wants to be taken seriously as an alternative power we can't give consolation prizes for participating and prefacing the contests by saying well one is a hybrid so be nice!

NOPE, they need to stand on their own 4 wheels against traditional petrol power otherwise whats the point in alternative fuel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page