Actual demand - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Actual demand

Anyone have comments or concerns about the growing number of new NSX cars available for purchase, as listed on cars.com? 60 and growing. Does this speak about the quality of the car design or the desirability of the NSX? Or did Acura over produce this car making it less sought after? Just by comparison McLaren has 3 new types of cars on cars.com and only 41 available now. Or is the price range more suited for the veteran supercar manufacturers? Just curious everyone's thoughts......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:03 AM

Could be a bit of both, there just isn't as much of a demand for the new NSX as Acura estimated and they produced one too many in a short span of time. Acura may need to slow down production if they're really not selling enough NSX.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:07 AM

I think one of the bad things that comes from having too many produced and up for sale at one time is that it just looks too "common". With that price range people want something at least a little scarce to say the least. When you're searching for a car in this sector and see a whole ton of em' up for sale, it kinda says something to you that'll deter you I find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Yes I agree with you both, at this price point, desirability increases w scarcity and of course a great product. I'm wondering with so many available now, will the price from dealers start decrea sing and selling below msrp? Bc how long will the dealers sit on their $200K investment. Maybe they should have been like Ferrari and only put on 100-200 total for the world.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 03:19 AM

There is still a wait list for the car. Most buyers are willing to wait to be able to spec the car the way they want it rather than accept what the dealer ordered. Some dealers just got greedy thinking they can sell a car at above MSRP. I think they are finding out that it isn't so.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 11:08 AM

If that's the case, it's going to be a waiting game between the dealerships who ordered a pre-spec NSX and the buyers who are willing to wait. If they want to sell the NSX in stock, they're going to have to sell at MSRP and maybe throw a few things in to sweeten the pot.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 01:10 PM

Incentives will definitely be necessary to sell the dealer ordered ones if that were the case. Naturally I think it's expected that majority of the people would want to spec-out their own NSX considering how much you're already spending. You would think they would have expected the same.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 02:57 PM

OK, gotta ask, who here is actually planning on buying this car? Sounds like everyone here is "just looking." If you were planning on buying, wouldn't you know about the wait list?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Definitely think the dealers were being greedy and thinking they could upcharge people for this car, and many of the first ones were successful. One dealer in CA charged $30K extra and got it, others I called quoted between $10-45K extra which is ridiculous. So I'm sure they will need to throw in many incentives for their own spec cars. I got mine ordered and was the 2nd in line for the car. Anyone else actual buyers?
|\|SX likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 04:04 PM

Hey all - my name is Brittany Redpath im the General Manager at Gold Coast Acura in Ventura, CA. We do have an NSX in stock today my email is my first initial and last name at Gold Coast acura.com if you have interest please let me know. Our 1st in line for this vehicle is now unable to purchase and we are looking to help deliver someone's dreams asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page