Acura NSX History - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Acura NSX History

Autoblog wrote a detailed article about the history of the Acura NSX, a great read if you have the time: The original Acura NSX: Development history and driving the icon

I'm glad Honda took the plunge back when they were small and not too well known for automotive technical advancements.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 03:03 PM

they should start creating short films like what JLR has done with some of its new products, although the market isn't that big for the NSX compared to other models Acura sells, it works for overall brand awareness.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

That would be a great idea if honda has some old footage from when they first began developing the NSX and producing the original model. For now, we have the write up.

Pretty detailed, even gives us commonly found mileage in used NSX like 200,000 miles or more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 09:17 AM

Not surprising if the second hand NSX in question was one of those produced in the earlier years. Interesting to note that aerodynamics were not a critical focus of the NSX project, that seems to be a huge part of the new NSX design.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 03:32 PM

I'm talking about the new NSX and that's what I would want to see more of since the beast from the first generation compared to what we have now is completely different. Plus it helps them, they can't make money off the old NSX but they can definitely see the ROI from promoting the current model.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

You know the old NSX was great when a lot of professional racers had one or still has one in their stable.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 03:28 PM

No doubt and these days owning one is still a great idea for those that want to keep it stock or use it as a platform to start a build. That's what I would do but I'm looking for a hands off approach which for the most part a new car provides, cars as old as the first generation NSX require a bit more attention and time, I have neither.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
You know the old NSX was great when a lot of professional racers had one or still has one in their stable.
well it helps that Senna was involved with the first generation NSX, naturally from that it will appeal a bit more to racers and those interested in racing/motorsports.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmnsx View Post
well it helps that Senna was involved with the first generation NSX, naturally from that it will appeal a bit more to racers and those interested in racing/motorsports.

Of course that helps but it isn't the defining factor, Senna was just one factor. Overall it takes a great product for someone to drop money on it and want to use it day in and day out. During the era the original NSX came out in there was nothing like it, these days its a total different ball game.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page