NSX Type R or NSX GT3 Race Car? - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 09:34 AM

GT3 NSX for sure but without that fugly acura logo on the hood and less carbon fiber. I would prefer the carbon fiber on the hood and the bumper to be just plain glossy black for that sophisticated look.

But the main question is, will we see market version of it?

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
GT3 NSX for sure but without that fugly acura logo on the hood and less carbon fiber. I would prefer the carbon fiber on the hood and the bumper to be just plain glossy black for that sophisticated look.

But the main question is, will we see market version of it?
LOL I totally missed that part haha but yes! I agree they need to remove that logo! Good catch!

I'm not so pleased with the interior dash and gear area...

Hmm... good question. I'm not sure but heard that it's going to be built in the states? not sure if that's true though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 02:49 PM

The big Acura logo on the front is ugly and what they have done to the front fascia isn't really doing it for me either. I think Id rather the Type R.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM

I prefer it so much of the extra racing style body elements. I want it to be a sportscar, not a race car.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Who View Post
The big Acura logo on the front is ugly and what they have done to the front fascia isn't really doing it for me either. I think Id rather the Type R.

Yeah I definitely agree!

The logo needs to be GONE! it just kills it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
I prefer it so much of the extra racing style body elements. I want it to be a sportscar, not a race car.
Same here. What else do you add to the car?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:44 AM

Problem is, once they removed the road car's three-electric motor hybrid system they also lost 73hp since it's just relying on the 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6. Acura will have to tune the car or mod it to make up for those missing ponies and when they do, the rest of the NSX owners will have a frame of reference for what they can do on their own NSx for more power.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 10:00 AM

Not really a problem for us, more for them. Not a big fan of the front bumper wings and splitter. I understand that they're there to provide more down force for the car but it just takes away from the sleek lines the NSX was originally designed with and now it looks bulkier.

And the hood vents seems to have been replaced with a carbon fiber vent/indent in the middle. could be more effective for cooling but again, it looks a bit chunky to me.

What is nice is the paint scheme on the GT3 but that's pretty much it for me.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
Not really a problem for us, more for them. Not a big fan of the front bumper wings and splitter. I understand that they're there to provide more down force for the car but it just takes away from the sleek lines the NSX was originally designed with and now it looks bulkier.

And the hood vents seems to have been replaced with a carbon fiber vent/indent in the middle. could be more effective for cooling but again, it looks a bit chunky to me.

What is nice is the paint scheme on the GT3 but that's pretty much it for me.
I only like it if it was on the tracks, but yeah I would agree if it was for a daily drive, then the original nsx would be nicer.

The color combo is nice, wish they didn't add that logo. I still can't get over that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page