Will you track your NSX? - Page 4 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
Depends on how you drive and if you're going to drive the crap out of them on track, one set could last you around 3 days before you'll need to replace them but this was my friend's Q3's.

Track isn't exactly cheap.
Someone driving it around on the street might find value in it as on the street you aren't putting these tires through levels of stress anywhere near what's experienced on a track.

It's a good way to go if you want the most fun on the street at a slightly higher cost... worth it to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
Depends on how you drive and if you're going to drive the crap out of them on track, one set could last you around 3 days before you'll need to replace them but this was my friend's Q3's.

Track isn't exactly cheap.
That sounds like some extreme driving ... but extremely fun too.. but I see your point now
post #33 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
Someone driving it around on the street might find value in it as on the street you aren't putting these tires through levels of stress anywhere near what's experienced on a track.

It's a good way to go if you want the most fun on the street at a slightly higher cost... worth it to me.
Depends on the tires. If you're using race tires like Hoosier A6, Kumho V710, BF Goodrich g-Force R1, etc. Treadlife won't be great and you'll basically be throwing money down the drain. Track tires should stay on the track.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 09:24 AM

R888 are pretty good for the street that provide a good amount of traction. They hold up quite well treadware wise. Wet/Dry traction is also pretty impressive.
post #35 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 08:58 AM

That's not a good idea. Technically, you can use Toyo r888 on the road but the sound is so bad and so loud, it'll make you think something was wrong with your hubs. They do stick very well and they do make a difference with launch run but, I think it's better to have another set of tires for your daily drive.

Great set of track tires but they like a lot of pressure, around 45 psi.
post #36 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Will be interesting to hear from someone planning to use these on the track that fits in some street time. Seeing mixed feedback on it, most reporting its horrible for street and some saying they have no problem.
post #37 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 08:57 AM

I think the only time you should use your track tires on normal streets is when you're on your way to the track. Such a waste to wear down the treads of an expensive set of tires on normal streets when the OEM set will do just as well.

Also excited to see what mods people will make to the NSX to make it track ready.

post #38 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:05 AM

Track days will be more of an occasional occurrence than a weekly thing for me. One problem is the distance between me and the closest track, another is the track day insurance.
post #39 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM

That is quite interesting to hear, had a buddy running them but he didn't really complain much, that being said his car is ridiculously loud anyways so I can't really take his word for it in terms of noise lol. But, I've heard people using the Yoko AD08R are having a pretty good time in terms of noise/performance. Usually running 30ish psi cold
post #40 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:46 AM

The Advan Neova AD08R? Heard it has exceptional cornering and braking grip on track even before they've been fully warmed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page