Will you track your NSX? - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLam258 View Post
Nice! Do you currently track any cars?

You should wait for it then! haha
Yes.... I extensively track in south FL and I do at least 1 track day monthly. Currently I track both my C7 Z06 and my Shelby GT350. We'll see how the new NSX can consistently perform. This car intrigues me and fascinates me... I am actually choosing it over a 570S and a LP580-2 just because- new and different and much more unique especially in my part of the country.

I believe there is a no-cost option to choose either Cup 2's or Trofeos. I'll definitely pick one of those... the Cup 2's I'm familiar with since that's what's on my Z06. Great grip once warmed up but not a lot of warning at the threshold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
Are you planning to upgrade the tires to the higher performance set? I remember seeing publications reporting on how bad the standard tires are for performance in the way you'll be experiencing it. However it is a good set for the street and some track use, good for the average owner .
oh really?

hmm... I'll probably look into higher performance set then. Thanks for the info!
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty5th View Post
Yes.... I extensively track in south FL and I do at least 1 track day monthly. Currently I track both my C7 Z06 and my Shelby GT350. We'll see how the new NSX can consistently perform. This car intrigues me and fascinates me... I am actually choosing it over a 570S and a LP580-2 just because- new and different and much more unique especially in my part of the country.

I believe there is a no-cost option to choose either Cup 2's or Trofeos. I'll definitely pick one of those... the Cup 2's I'm familiar with since that's what's on my Z06. Great grip once warmed up but not a lot of warning at the threshold.
Nice!! Is it a big track?

Do you have any clips of it?

How does the two cars perform on the track?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLam258 View Post
Nice!! Is it a big track?

Do you have any clips of it?

How does the two cars perform on the track?
Both are all stock plus street tires and perform well. I don't want to venture too much off topic but my favorite course is Sebring... one of the longest and most challenging tracks in the US (3.7 miles per lap).

Snapshot in my GT350...

And my vids are here.
RedNSX likes this.
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty5th View Post
Both are all stock plus street tires and perform well. I don't want to venture too much off topic but my favorite course is Sebring... one of the longest and most challenging tracks in the US (3.7 miles per lap).

Snapshot in my GT350...

And my vids are here.
WOW! impressive videos you got there.

What's the app you use for the track layout and speedometer?
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:08 AM

Is Sebring going to be the first track you take your NSX to?

post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 11:01 AM

I hope to.... it's the best track in FL so Sebring could be... although I am closer to Homestead Speedway or Palm Beach Raceway. BTW the app is called Track Addict... not as detailed as Harry's Lap Timer but for my needs I'm fine with it. After all, this is an HPDE for fun & leisure.... not a timed competitive race for podium finishes.
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
Are you planning to upgrade the tires to the higher performance set? I remember seeing publications reporting on how bad the standard tires are for performance in the way you'll be experiencing it. However it is a good set for the street and some track use, good for the average owner .
is that right? I should look into that too then.

I would've assumed higher performance, better quality and so on. Odd.
post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:04 AM

The OEM tires that your NSx comes with was probably chosen because Acura has a deal of some kind with the manufacturer. A Jalopnik reader posted that and Honda was trying to track them down. Yea they're still good tires but you may as well get your own performance set.

@forty5th is there an app to see what tracks are near you?
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
The OEM tires that your NSx comes with was probably chosen because Acura has a deal of some kind with the manufacturer. A Jalopnik reader posted that and Honda was trying to track them down. Yea they're still good tires but you may as well get your own performance set.

@forty5th is there an app to see what tracks are near you?
I am unaware of an app specifically for that purpose but many States have nearby tracks (road courses) so it's best probably just ti use google search. You can also browse through the popular HPDE organizers- Chin Motorsports, Hooked on Driving, Performance Driving Group, TrackGuys, Track Nights in America, PCA, PBOC, etc....
KennyLam258 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page