First Acura NSX Will Be Auctioned Off at Barrett-Jackson - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 11:45 AM

When things are auction, especially cars, most of the time the actual price paid is a lot more than what the car was originally sold for or what it's worth. $400,000 or $500,00 may be an accurate number depending on the bidders there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
When things are auction, especially cars, most of the time the actual price paid is a lot more than what the car was originally sold for or what it's worth. $400,000 or $500,00 may be an accurate number depending on the bidders there.
you're not paying for the car, you're paying to be first.
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 04:14 PM

You are also donating to charity, so there is a tax benefit. In a way, it allows you a tax deductible way of getting a car, donate to a good cause, and be the owner of the first NSX. It wouldn't surprise me if either Leno or Seinfeld puts in a high bid.
Gadgetman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 08:57 AM

Nah, Leno and Seinfeld are supposed to get a free one so there's no point in them bidding for it. Interested to see what the final bid is next month.

post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 10:30 AM

New??? NSX commercial
Watched B/J preview of 2016 season on Velocity last night (1/18/16)
Two similar ("Precision Crafted Theme") commercials at ~ 10 and 53 minutes in the 1 hr show.
Not sure if these are brand new or just very recent.
Hoping Super bowl commercial(s) will be a little better?
I suspect these will be repeated during the Auctions?
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 11:41 AM

Didn`t see it but I can see the reason for them having a commercial/promotional film just for that show just to bring in the audience and to benefit both sides since just showing the same thing over and over does lose its 'shelf-life' quickly.

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Are they on YouTube?
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 09:00 AM

Just read on torquenews that "Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, and a host of prominent sports figures, auto business elite and the great unknown" will be bidding on the NSX #001. What? I thought Jay and Jerry was going to get one since they did the previous superbowl commercial.

post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Just read on torquenews that "Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, and a host of prominent sports figures, auto business elite and the great unknown" will be bidding on the NSX #001. What? I thought Jay and Jerry was going to get one since they did the previous superbowl commercial.
I'm actually in favor of this more, makes the whole deal that much more exciting. Works great for Acura since the 'shelf-life' of that event is bound to last much longer.

post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 01:04 PM

Wink

Quote:
Yes they were getting 001 & 002. But now someone else will be in front of them both. So who knows who gets what (if any now)and what they will do to get 001... Regardless if getting a freebie ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page