First Acura NSX Will Be Auctioned Off at Barrett-Jackson - Page 5 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:37 AM

They'll never give you anywhere close to what your NSX is worth. Business is business lol. The larger profit margin they can make, the happier they are obviously. The only thing they have going for them is it's a quick deal to get rid of your car. No need to post it online and wait for a sale. But is it really worth losing all that money ? I don't think so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:43 PM

Depends who you ask, some people don't care about the extra $3k they could have made if selling it on their own. Best thing to do is just compare what you'll get from the dealer and what you could potentially get if selling private and decide what you want to do from their.

post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 AM

dealerships area always going to undercut you on what the vehicle is worth. Sometimes it could be more than a 3k difference between them and you selling it yourself. If it's not a big loss for you then by all means, but I'd rather have a bit more money in my pocket than give it to the dealership who's going to get my money anyways for a new car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 AM

Don't be afraid to walk out if needed. The NSX may not be produced in large quantities but if you're willing to put in a custom order, I'm sure some other Acura dealership will be more than happy to help at your price point.

post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:41 AM

That is true. A lot of people walk into a dealership and automatically feel obligated them. Doesn't work like that
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:23 AM

I think what's interesting is that there are so many cars for sale across the country, 32 on cars.com and some of them have been listed for a long time. Maybe the actual demand isn't that high or do you all think those dealers are over pricing their cars? Of 32 are listed that's at least 15-20% of those that have been produced, since a dealer in CA got production #150.
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:06 PM

What you see on classifieds advertised how we're seeing it currently is never an accurate view of demand, instead it's dealers just trying to scoop up who ever they can and with this being launch time, every dealer out there is trying for the same thing.

The only real numbers are what we see in the end and of course inbetween in the form of deliveries, but we'll have to wait a while for those numbers .

post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:11 PM

Yes that is true and I understand what the dealers are trying to do with the advertisements. It makes sense. But I've been watching that site for a while now and a couple cars I've called about. One of the cars in my area was listed but sold right away and it took it off the website. Another dealer in Ohio I called was trying to drive up the price to the highest bidder. And over the course of the past month it has increased in price.

So it will be interesting to see what the final numbers are when they release them. No matter what I am excited to have my car come when it does.
1fastAcura likes this.
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 09:31 AM

That's pretty much it. They're completely fresh, so post em' up and have a bidding war. A lot of people get excited for things like that and dealers know it. Grab the green while it's able to be controlled and marked up as high as they can. Give it a little while and they're not going to be able to do that anymore and prices will settle.
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtak View Post
Yes that is true and I understand what the dealers are trying to do with the advertisements. It makes sense. But I've been watching that site for a while now and a couple cars I've called about. One of the cars in my area was listed but sold right away and it took it off the website. Another dealer in Ohio I called was trying to drive up the price to the highest bidder. And over the course of the past month it has increased in price.

So it will be interesting to see what the final numbers are when they release them. No matter what I am excited to have my car come when it does.
Well among the number of dealers just looking to get deposits for cars they don't actually have yet, it's not too surprising that some are letting go of some actually on the lot. I just hope as these NSX's are finding homes that a portion of those owners find us here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page