2017 Acura NSX Starts From $156,000 And Tops Out At $205,700 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

2017 Acura NSX Starts From $156,000 And Tops Out At $205,700

Are you ready to pay just over $200,000?

Quote:
Time has come for Acura to place a price tag on its re-born NSX supercar that will arrive in US dealers next spring starting from a hefty $156,000, topping out at $205,700 for a fully loaded model.

Acura said the NSX will be its first built-to-order car, with customers having a number of options to personalize the hybrid model, including eight exterior colors and four interior color schemes in three different seating surface options.

Other customization options will include several exterior and interior features such as three wheel designs with painted or polished finish, carbon-ceramic brake options, a carbon fiber interior sport package, carbon fiber roof, and more.

"The NSX is the pinnacle expression of Acura precision crafted performance and we're thrilled to take the next step toward bringing it to market," said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura Division. "We're creating new space within the supercar realm, pushing the envelope beyond the conventional thinking about supercars just like the original NSX."

Hondas premium brand will begin to accept orders for the new NSX on February 25, 2016. The very first serial production model will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson for the benefit of charitable organizations.

The new NSX comes with a mid-mounted V6 and a pair of electric motors producing a combined 573hp.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 09:55 AM

$156,000 isn't all that much higher than what was originally estimated. We were expecting the NSX to be somewhere around $150k so it isn't too large of a sticker shock. I'm just waiting on the build page on their site so I can have fun clicking around all the options before ordering. It's one thing to see it on paper but another to see a rendering of the final product with your build.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Comparably, the NSXs main competition will hail from Germany and the UK. The new Audi R8 and McLaren 570S, just to name a few. Of the ones mentioned, the R8 is the cheapest starting at just $117,000. But its also underpowered with just 430 horsepower (unless you opt for the more powerful, more expensive V10).

The McLaren 570S, on the other hand, starts at $184,900, with a less-powerful 562-horsepower 3.8-liter V8, and a slower 0-60 mph time of 3.1 seconds. Price wise, it seems like the NSX is somewhere right in the middle of the pack.
Seems as though the NSX is priced just right given its competition. Audi has a more prestigious brand, and so does McLaren, but when it comes to design do these cars outshine the NSX? And is more horsepower a winning achievement in itself?

Would You Pay $156,000 For a 2017 Acura NSX Supercar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:31 AM

Canadians may get more of a sticker shock than anyone else. The Acura NSX will start at $189,000 CAD and if it's fully loaded the price will go up to $250,100. That puts it just a bit under the McLaren 570 in Canada.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 02:13 PM

Hmmm... that is a bit more expensive than I was thinking. The $150,000 price sounded nice. I was hoping for maybe $170,000 in canadian, but this has gone a full $20k more than that still.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Who View Post
Hmmm... that is a bit more expensive than I was thinking. The $150,000 price sounded nice. I was hoping for maybe $170,000 in canadian, but this has gone a full $20k more than that still.
It's actually a lot better than expected, given how poorly the Canadian dollar has been doing.

A straight conversion of $156k into Canadian dollars equals $218k. And top price would be $287k.

So $190k isn't bad.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 09:28 AM

At least they adjusted the price for the lower Canadian dollar. Don't think I would have paid $218k for a stock one considering the additional options I want to add. A $2,995 freight and delivery fee will be tacked on as well.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
It's actually a lot better than expected, given how poorly the Canadian dollar has been doing.

A straight conversion of $156k into Canadian dollars equals $218k. And top price would be $287k.

So $190k isn't bad.
Still going to be a win for Canadians, especially those that are looking for some real driving experience, comparing what you're getting here to brands like Porsche and Mclaren, it's not too bad. I know a some guys interested in the Mclaren 570s that will be looking into Acura.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 05:27 PM

But to be fair, the Canadian dollar has only dropped recently, so yes its good now, but I could see how people would have different expectations based on how the CAN dollar usually is valued.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
Seems as though the NSX is priced just right given its competition. Audi has a more prestigious brand, and so does McLaren, but when it comes to design do these cars outshine the NSX? And is more horsepower a winning achievement in itself?

Would You Pay $156,000 For a 2017 Acura NSX Supercar?
yea well McLaren better thank Honda for helping to catapult them to mainstream glory way back when
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page