Jalopnik Deems the NSX a "Rational Supercar" - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violee View Post
It just upsets me to no end that each and every journalist is coming to the conclusion that the "NSX is AWFUL because I didn't have a heart attack behind the wheel or it didn't snap oversteer me into a tree..."

I'm sitting here scratching my head going when did that become our metric for how good a car is or not?
Completely agree. The biggest complaint is that the state-of-the-art technology has created an almost too precise, too controlled, too predictable car that lacks a certain thrill factor. I can see how, on a track, the reduced ability to overcome the technology and break loose might diminish the NSX for some. That said, on the street, I perceive the technology and resulting precision/control an unmitigated positive attribute. Most of the reviewers are frequent track drivers who seek a particular type of feel for optimal track driving – they like go-karts that they can push, slide, and drift around turns – they enjoy losing traction in order to push the limits of the car. I will not track the NSX, nor push the limits of the car’s handling on surface streets. I have no desire to drift, slide or otherwise explore the limits of traction. Moreover, I have no problem accepting the “assistance” of an advanced handling system that both improves handling (at my driving ability) and prevents loss of control. Many people have similar complaints about the GT-R . . . . “it drives itself” . . . . “its too easy to drive fast.” Personally, I love that about the GT-R . . . I love that the GT-R is easy to drive fast. Easy is just fine with me. I am looking for a daily driver with exceptional performance. I don’t need to work the car during my daily driving. It sounds like the new NSX will also be easy to drive fast as a daily driver. IMHO, that is a positive attribute. Lastly, most of the reviewers noted considerably more “feel” and less “numbness” in track mode (I don’t understand why these same reviewers spent so much energy criticizing the steering feel during other modes when the Track mode provided far greater feel).
RedNSX and Violee like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 08:48 AM

Superfluous has my sentiments down. I don't want to feel unsafe, especially not when I'm taking a joy ride on curvy roads near cliffs and if I wanted danger I would ride a motorcycle. Most owners won't take it onto the track anyways.
The guy in the video makes the consistent brake pedal sound like a bad thing...

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 10:36 AM

Tested as an everyday high end sportscar/supercar, it should prove to rank well with those same journalists. It's what Acura built it for and it does that well!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

It needs to perform well on the track, but you are right in saying that it isn't actually built for the track. Acura knows that this vehicle will mostly be driven on normal roads and highways, so it built the car to cater to those needs.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 10:16 AM

If Honda is anything like Honda there will be a Type R or Type S designed around the track. Maybe then they'll be happy, but probably not...
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 09:58 AM

I think Honda's coming out with a new Civic Type R in 2017. By then we'll all be in our NSX.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
I think Honda's coming out with a new Civic Type R in 2017. By then we'll all be in our NSX.
Yes, but I'm talkina about NSX type R...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 09:12 AM

If Honda's already coming out with a Civic Type R, why would they come out with another one for NSX?

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
If Honda's already coming out with a Civic Type R, why would they come out with another one for NSX?
It's two completely different segments, one is based on a mainstream compact that as a Type R model... won't go past the $45k mark. Then you have the NSX Type R, based on the $150k NSX as we know it, possibly coming close to $200k once fully decked out in Type R goodies.

See it as the performance arm of Honda. BMW has M, Mercedes has AMG, Honda/Acura have Type R.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Type R is just a performance version of a vehicle. Like BMW has their 'M' line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page