Potential Acura NSX "Targa" Looks Amazing! - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Potential Acura NSX "Targa" Looks Amazing!

From carscoops.com:
Quote:
Even though this image depicts what many of us would call the 'NSX Roadster', what we're looking at here is technically a 'Targa'.

We kind of have an idea about what the convertible version of the NSX would look like thanks to "Tony Stark" showing off the concept in the first Avengers movie. And yes, that was called the NSX Roadster and of course, it looked mighty freaking cool.

The thing is, personally I think this rendering of a more "Targa-like" convertible looks even better! It feels more aggressive, more planted... visually.

Plus, just like this rendering's designer points out, a Targa model would need less extra strengthening for the body than a true blue Roadster/Convertible.

Unfortunately, with NSX production being pushed back to 2016 instead of late 2015, we'll have to wait even longer not just for the standard car, but for any other version that may follow.

On the flip side, a car this spectacular should definitely be worth the wait once you consider its $150,000 price-tag and 550 HP (est) power unit.

So how would you guys take your Acura NSX, Cabrio or Targa?
I think it looks like a sportier version of the Roadster Stark drove. Let's hope it's a design that Acura will take into consideration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 10:40 AM

Ha! You beat me to posting this. The render looks better than this red carpet one. Love the vent just behind the door.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:32 PM

It's what they did to the last NSX, so it would be a nice thing to keep going onto the new one. The last one proved there's a market for people that want to go targa, not sure what the take rate was though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Lol, I beat you to it by 1 minute.

Maybe they will produce it in limited numbers? I would really like to have a Targe version of the NSX if it looks like the rendering and it looks a lot better than the roadster but that may be a given since the roadster was from 2012.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast&Furious View Post
Lol, I beat you to it by 1 minute.

Maybe they will produce it in limited numbers? I would really like to have a Targe version of the NSX if it looks like the rendering and it looks a lot better than the roadster but that may be a given since the roadster was from 2012.
I can see that happening, unless they wait to see what initial numbers are like and decide what to do from there.

the easiest thing is to just make it a standard roof with no option.

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Add a roof to the Targa as standard?
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast&Furious View Post
Add a roof to the Targa as standard?
Obviously the Targa comes with a roof. I'm not quite sure what you mean.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 05:38 PM

only if the roof comes off like this...

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Was never a big fan of soft tops but I assume most people who does have a nice convertible will only take it out on nice days without a chance of rain. I hope Acura does decide to go through with the NSX Targa. I don't think they have a convertible on their current line up. would be nice if they had a wider range of vehicles.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 03:43 PM

I think the roofs are more to take out in an emergency if it starts raining after you already left, not to actually just have the roof on there the whole time. I think that is more because of looks and also insulation. Hypothetically you could have it on all the time. Just not sure why you would want to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page