MotorTrend - Acura NSX vs Nissan GT-R - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

MotorTrend - Acura NSX vs Nissan GT-R

This is just a teaser but I'm actually quite excited to see the results of this one. I for one am personally not a huge fan of the GT-R to begin with so I'll be biased. But I do love watching MotorTrend so it should be a good episode. Anyone have any thoughts on the match-up ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 03:45 PM

i'm not going to bother watching this
it all comes down to which type of vehicle you prefer, crazy straight line performance or something more refined that carves out turns flawlessly but isn't as fast through the straights.

if you ask most people that have the slightest idea of both, most will tell you right away which one they prefer, reviews like this do little to change that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 08:19 AM

Never cared for the GTR but like mentioned above, it'll be a comparison of two vehicles that were meant for different purposes. It's like when Auto Car put the BMW M2 against the Ford Focus RS. Pointless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Never cared for the GTR but like mentioned above, it'll be a comparison of two vehicles that were meant for different purposes. It's like when Auto Car put the BMW M2 against the Ford Focus RS. Pointless.
exactly, the whole picture has to be factored in. with the M2 vs RS, it was a good comparison of performance on the track and street but in reality someone who's spending $35k to start won't find it easy to go up +15k more just to get a basic M2, it's a very rare thing to see. so it's things like that.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 11:10 AM

Just revealed:

C&D's Lightning Lap 2016 at VIR..... their latest results of cars tested highlighted:

The new NSX clocked a 2:50.2

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:43 PM

Like mentioned before, those number only matter so much to me since there's a chance they got an NSX that Acura did some special things to, just to get a favorable outcome, or an outcome better than what the regular owners would be getting.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 09:02 AM

They may not be relevant to some owners but it's still interesting to see the lap times in comparison to other models, which ones are faster and which ones are slower, which models are not as new but still holding on to their top times.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 02:45 PM

yeah but at the end of the day it's just bragging right which we can't even express much at all, aside from us benefiting on that end, it's the car makers that do since it gives them more marketing power from real data.

at the end of the day I rather see information that relates to what me as an owner will be experiencing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page