2016+ Acura NSX Forum

2016+ Acura NSX Forum (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/)
-   2016+ Acura NSX Videos (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-videos/)
-   -   NSX Club of Canada (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-videos/6930-nsx-club-canada.html)

NightWing 09-07-2016 01:10 PM

NSX Club of Canada

The NSX Club of Canada had a meet at Shannonville Motorsport Park the other day and Acura Canada brought a 2017 NSX to grace the track. As you can imagine, it definitely caught their eyes. Looks to be like the same blue one that got delivered to the dealership in Downtown Toronto though ?

1fastAcura 09-07-2016 03:47 PM

Most likely that blue NSX is a demo for Toronto and the surrounding area, dealing with a supercar as cheap as the NSX is, it's easy to find room in your budget for demos where they apply

Shawn 09-08-2016 08:11 AM

I don't think that's the same one from the dealership, the dealership NSX has the painted wheels where this one looks like they are machined.

FastAndFurious 09-09-2016 09:09 AM

Maybe they changed out the rims? Wouldn't be surprised if two blue NSX was roaming around Canada.

NightWing 09-09-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn (Post 43474)
I don't think that's the same one from the dealership, the dealership NSX has the painted wheels where this one looks like they are machined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastAndFurious (Post 43618)
Maybe they changed out the rims? Wouldn't be surprised if two blue NSX was roaming around Canada.

Thanks, and I doubt they would have changed out the rims. Same style but different colour, doesn't make sense. But there very well could be.. or it's just a car for touring and demo purposes

1fastAcura 09-09-2016 01:52 PM

well there are different wheel colors to choose from for the style of wheel we're seeing here.

NightWing 09-09-2016 03:52 PM

Yes......?

Shawn 09-10-2016 06:54 PM

I don't know, either way, it's pretty cool that they brought it down for the NSX club. I think it shows a sense of appreciation

RedNSX 09-12-2016 08:56 AM

Appreciation and smart marketing on their end. Those who are a fan of the older NSX models may be interested in getting the new one. Also noticed that all of the cars in the video seems to be stock, no mods done to them as far as I see. Interesting.

|\|SX 09-12-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn (Post 43761)
I don't know, either way, it's pretty cool that they brought it down for the NSX club. I think it shows a sense of appreciation

lol they don't have a choice, going right to potential consumers is the way to go compared to painting with broad strokes that take a lot of effort and only reaps so little. much like what Scion did with the FR-S and other companies that take their vehicles to Cars & Coffee, along with similar events.

1fastAcura 09-13-2016 11:34 AM

i remember Lexus recently did this with the new LC coupe
going to those meets is the most natural way to reach out to people, making it very targeted and very effective.
it takes a special group to be in a parking lot for hours all focused on cars.

FastAndFurious 09-15-2016 09:16 AM

Acura has been marketing the NSX at plenty of meets, especially those sport car meets with other high end luxury sport cars. It's like the standard process for new cars that broach the $150k mark.

1fastAcura 09-15-2016 12:42 PM

they have to go where their customer demographic is and while commercials are great for a vehicle like this, it just pulls a small percent of buyers form that, much less than say a Honda Civic, Honda HRV, Acura ILX, etc.

but NSX commercials are great for brand awareness on a much cooler level and attracts attention, much like how a supercar does on the street.