How Slow Is The 2017 NSX? MotorTrend Finds Out... - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

How Slow Is The 2017 NSX? MotorTrend Finds Out...

The last NSX gave Ferrari something to worry about, this time around, we still don't if it holds true for model year 2017 but in this 13 minute track test MotorTrend helps us figure that out.

Quote:
The Acura NSX is certainly not a slow car – with 573 hp, it’s anything but. However, we’ve been waiting for this car for almost a decade. It’s finally here, with a bespoke, 500-hp twin-turbo V-6 and three electric motors that provide real torque-vectoring – and step in to mask turbo lag. The NSX has all the ingredients for the tastiest supercar, but does it all work as well as the original NSX did? Will it make Ferrari step back and say “whoa” once again? Does Honda’s decision to stuff the NSX full of so much technology actually make for a better-driving supercar? Motor Trend Senior Features Editor Jason Cammisa heads to Sonoma Raceway to find out, on this episode of Ignition, presented by Tire Rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 01:34 PM

I'm sure that Acura isn't very happy to have a video out that is titled "The Slowest Supercar In the World".
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Who View Post
I'm sure that Acura isn't very happy to have a video out that is titled "The Slowest Supercar In the World".
Did you actually watch the video? Becuase He's hustling it round the track at 7:36 and he says "the technology comes together to make a car thats REALLY fast"

The whole thing is a satire of the whole "the new NSX isn't the old NSX" crying that goes on here and in every NSX article for the past year

(OH AND THE CAR IN THE VIDEO IS PREPRODUCTION)

At least 3 times he says VERY FAST, VERY FAST, VERY FAST
|\|SX likes this.

Last edited by nexus; 12-07-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
The whole thing is a satire of the whole "the new NSX isn't the old NSX" crying that goes on here and in every NSX article for the past year
Yup. The only thing I think those crying have a valid point with is design. While I do like it, it could have more of a connection going on with original, being more original to acura all while still taking on design cues from the current line up.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
Yup. The only thing I think those crying have a valid point with is design. While I do like it, it could have more of a connection going on with original, being more original to acura all while still taking on design cues from the current line up.
Nonsense, no one is complaining that the current Mustang GT350 doesn't look like the '65. No one is complaining that the new Civic doesn't look like the old Civic...

Again I think much of that is just whining and complaining...

Acura scrapped their plans for the car at least twice, maybe 3 times in order to better tailor it to consumers, yet all consumers can do is complain... FFS.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 08:44 AM

The first NSX made Ferrari rethink their sports cars but will the new NSX do the same?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
The first NSX made Ferrari rethink their sports cars but will the new NSX do the same?
is that the metric for what makes the nsx any good? because that's absurd.
|\|SX likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
That doesn't need to be the case and shouldn't. Supercar market is growing and they can scoop up enough of the demand in the category they compete in. It's a good entry-level supercar. Some people who want a Ferrari ONLY want a Ferrari or things views as highly as it

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 08:14 AM

For those who just prefer the 1st gen NSX, the solution is simple. Save some money and buy one of those. For those who are ok with change and current tech advances, the cost of admission will be more but accepted. And lastly, if you need to compare with the other labels... Get one of those. I have to wonder (as mentioned elsewhere) how many of the numerous complainers with "better ideas" of what should have been done, are/were really in market to buy one anyway?
Violee likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 08:27 AM

I think comparing models and labels is a normal thing to do but ultimately, if you want the new NSx you're going to get it. Interested to hear what the difference between the Sport, Sport + and track modes are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page