2016 Honda NSX Nürburgring Test Video - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

2016 Honda NSX Nürburgring Test Video

Someone spied and recorded the 2016 Honda NSX being tested at the Nürburgring Nordschleife track. It's not the sound I was expecting but still nice when the driver revs it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 03:31 PM

Love how it sounds and that's just with the stock exhaust going WOT.

But i'm going to want something louder but still with a fine tuned sound, hopefully aftermarket systems come to market soon enough.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 01:09 PM

CT engineering had a decent setup for the last NSX, would like to see them come out with something for this new generation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 06:06 PM

I don't see what the problem is... doesn't sound too different from the Maclaren Honda Hybrid in F1... this is the new reality, the screamers are a dying breed...
|\|SX likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 01:05 PM

What Nexus said.

It sounds good enough that it sounds just about right for the powerplant it has, even when sitting among the competition it won't seem out of place which is what matters to some extent.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
What Nexus said.

It sounds good enough that it sounds just about right for the powerplant it has, even when sitting among the competition it won't seem out of place which is what matters to some extent.
we also don't know what mode he was in... I'm going to assume they're doing calibration testing currently, the hardcore dev work should be done...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 10:44 AM

Read this in a news story that came with this spy video news.

Quote:
Acura recently commenced trial production for the much-awaited (and belated) NSX which they say is still in the final development stages. Concomitantly, they are testing out prototypes on the 'Ring to put the finishing touches on their hybrid supercar which will finally enter series production next spring and will cost just about the same as a US-spec standard Audi R8 (from $115,900).
I guess they are still tweaking things. The NSX is sure to be near perfection with the amount of time and energy they have spent on it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 12:00 PM

You bet. With the sort of expectations people are having of it and with the competitive segment its entering they need all they can throw at it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

The NSX sounds fine to me because I'm not a fan of that overly loud roaring tone.
They'll need to have an amazing marketing plan on top of a great product because people may have lost interest over the years or they just haven't heard about the NSX.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 01:37 PM

The marketing has been going on for a while so its hard to make it feel new still, which is weird because it hasn't even come out yet. I bet they have some ideas of how to make it an exciting launch though. I think that they would be wise to do something more than just a reveal at an auto show. Other brands have had success doing launches away from the auto shows that are far more inventive and exciting, and they also don't have to have their reveal compete with the other few dozen at whatever auto show it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page