2017 Performance Car of the Year - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

2017 Performance Car of the Year

Road And Track has crowned the NSX as the 2017 performance car of the year and it was competing against 9 other vehicles for the title.
Quote:
Receiving eight of the available 10 votes, the Acura NSX became the most universally acclaimed automobile in PCOTY history, and justifiably so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 12:05 PM

I like that they have the max speed by gear and rpm shown. They really put some in depth information here which is pretty phenomenal.

343 miles of range for a 573hp 476lb-ft vehicle is pretty darn impressive as well. As much as I don't care for it, it is something good to know.

Now what were the other 9 vehicles ?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 04:08 PM

This gives us a solid base to work off of to suggest how much better future versions can get especially with a Type R version, if it can smoke the NISMO GT-R that will be something but the only thing it might not smoke the NISMO GT-R on is price, especially as you can buy them slightly used right now. Even brand new its not that bad of a deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 11:08 AM

I was expecting to see the McLaren 570S on the list of competitors as publications were comparing it to the NSX. Found out the testers crashed the McLaren 570S. LOL
If it ran against the NSx, do you think the NSX would still be the 2017 Performance Car of the Year?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 11:08 AM

The Type R version definitely will not smoke the Nismo GT-R in price. As it is, the Nismo GT-R is $176k. So about $75k over a base GTR ?
Base price of the NSX is $156k, not to mention a fully loaded NSX can reach $200k if not a little more.
How much do you think the Type R will come out at ?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
The Type R version definitely will not smoke the Nismo GT-R in price. As it is, the Nismo GT-R is $176k. So about $75k over a base GTR ?
Base price of the NSX is $156k, not to mention a fully loaded NSX can reach $200k if not a little more.
How much do you think the Type R will come out at ?
Given what we know about price on the NSX, the $225,000 - 250,000 range seems possible to me and anything more than that might start presenting problems to them, part of that will depend on how well the NSX does currently and so far its picking up enough momentum.

But competition is a big problem, many other things to choose from, so Honda/Acura better make sure to offer up enough value here.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Here's a comparison chart for all of the competitors, it's a bit tiny so you'll have to go here for a larger one: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...r-of-the-year/

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 12:50 AM

Not bad at all for the NSX considering its stock, what will be really interesting is how it performs with a tune and the numbers it could put out since for some potential owners that will fill for the advantage some of the competition have over it in street situations comparing stock vs stock.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Last I heard, Hennessey was the only one who was going to attempt to tune the NSX but I haven't seen much from them about it recently.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 06:53 PM

I mean... the only way to look at it is stock against stock. Anyone can tune any car to be better and more suited to their needs. With the NSX, you just have to like it. The competitors can be cheaper or along the same price range and still outperform it, it's a given.

Hennessy hasn't unveiled anything completely done if I remember correctly or am updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page