2016+ Acura NSX Forum

2016+ Acura NSX Forum (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/)
-   2016+ Acura NSX Pictures (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-pictures/)
-   -   Pure Gas Acura NSX (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-pictures/6625-pure-gas-acura-nsx.html)

FastAndFurious 07-06-2016 08:49 AM

Pure Gas Acura NSX

Since Acura has come out with an all electric NSX, someone decided to go in the opposite direction and create a render of what a full gas model would look like.

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...d-109150_1.jpg

RedNSX 07-07-2016 08:58 AM

Doubt Acura will release a non-hybrid NSX, that would require a huge overhaul of the powertrain and chassis to remove the unneeded batteries and motors. The engine will need to be switched out for a full combustion engine and it's just not worth the effort on their part, especially with the new eco friendly automotive movement.

|\|SX 07-07-2016 12:10 PM

Only way they'll do it is when it comes to racing but at this rate it only makes sense to go hybrid at the very least, then of course EV... and we seen that. Hybrid and EV powertrains support their overall goal better than something only running a gasoline engine.

Shawn 07-07-2016 12:19 PM

Even when it comes to racing, I don't see it happening. We've been seeing way too many advancements in hybrid and EV technologies that show superior benefits going with a hybrid system.

RedNSX 07-08-2016 08:50 AM

Once they manage to reduce the weight of the batteries and motors, EV and hybrids will be superior because of the fast torque delivery they provide. The NSX winning a race at pikes peak is testament to that. Maybe they'll come out with a different model just for gas but Acura won't be modifying the NSX for that.

NightWing 07-08-2016 09:20 AM

Agreed, but I'm not too sure if they'll really waste time going for high performance ICE engine strictly anymore. It kind of seems like walking backwards

RedNSX 07-11-2016 08:57 AM

That's what the NSX GT3 is, basically an all gas NSX and if it was ever tuned for commercial sale, it'll probably silence those nsx enthusiasts.

|\|SX 07-11-2016 05:03 PM

Even without reducing weight hybrids/EV's are still superior, have you looked how at how power is delivered and how instant it is? Compare that to something in a similar segment running a gas engine.

Shawn 07-12-2016 08:00 AM

Instantaneous torque is all that really needs to be said. The efficiency is incredible, with the mind-numbing performance that we thought wasn't even possible like 10 years ago. As time goes on and we start receiving full electric hypercars, an ICE vehicle won't be able to come anywhere close to them

RedNSX 07-12-2016 09:05 AM

It wasn't the power people were complaining about, they just weren't a fan of the AWD, body weight and the sound of the engine. These could be easily fixed by going all gas even though torque will be lost in the process. Old NSX enthusiasts just can't get over those three things, not enough to see the instantaneous torque.

|\|SX 07-12-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn (Post 38361)
Instantaneous torque is all that really needs to be said. The efficiency is incredible, with the mind-numbing performance that we thought wasn't even possible like 10 years ago. As time goes on and we start receiving full electric hypercars, an ICE vehicle won't be able to come anywhere close to them

McLaren already has plans for that with the next P1. The current P1 already displayed how well just running electric can work when driving around in the city.

FastAndFurious 07-13-2016 08:59 AM

The $1,150,000 McLaren is still a standalone beast of a hybrid that others can't match, especially not the NSX at the current price point. The enthusiasts who like gas vehicles will be dragged kicking and screaming into the hybrid age but they'll get used to the fact that hybrids and electrics are better for the world and for how much fun you can have with one.

Eric LeClair 07-21-2016 01:53 PM

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn (Post 38361)

Yup! I'm a BIG FAN of Torque myself and I agree that soon electric cars will be killing what we have now. As far is this pic goes, looks killer too bad it's not real :(

RedNSX 07-22-2016 09:00 AM

We just have to wait for a body kit from the aftermarket. Looks like the rendering has a front splitter, fender flares, side splitters and a rear wing.

NightWing 07-22-2016 09:13 AM

Rear quarters, rear bumper cut-out with extenders, heavens that's like an 12+ piece body kit lol. This is like borderline Veilside RX-7 but a kit that is actually track oriented and purposeful.

|\|SX 07-22-2016 12:12 PM

Would be great if Sorcery came out with a kit for the new NSX. What they had for the last generation was amazing.

http://www.farmofminds.com/wp-conten...eez-Wheels.jpg

NightWing 07-22-2016 03:43 PM

I like that.. simple and effective. That's how it needs to get done. Still looks like it belongs to the street as well.

RedNSX 07-26-2016 09:02 AM

I wouldn't mind seem some of the companies in this thread come out with body kits. They all look amazing.

https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-...acura-nsx.html

NightWing 07-26-2016 09:10 AM

|\|SX 07-26-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWing (Post 39890)

From a cost stand point, it would be easier to do than what Sorcery is known for. Wouldn't mind seeing that come to market although we'll more than likely have to wait a bit.

For now we might see some individual aero parts come to market.

RedNSX 07-27-2016 08:51 AM

It's going to take a long while because the aftermarket companies will need to get their hands on a NSX for fitment and testing which means an owner will need to donate theirs to the cause. But admittedly, that kit does look nice, way cleaner than the pure gas NSX rendering.

NightWing 07-27-2016 09:28 AM

For now I can only really imagine seeing splitters, diffusors, lips, and things of such. I wonder who's going to be the owner to send his vehicle off to get chopped up and refitted

|\|SX 07-27-2016 11:14 AM

I'm sure if you check the well established NSX forums out there and Acura/Honda communities with an NSX sub forum you'll find companies asking.
But it could even be a case of some companies reaching out to owners privately through direct message.

Yolanda Rose 03-16-2021 05:54 AM

love this pic!!! how do you shoot this??? any technique?