NSX Maximizes Visibility - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

NSX Maximizes Visibility

Some sports cars have huge A pillars because of safety standards but not the NSX. Honda took into account the lack of visibility in most supercars and hypercars and decided to widen the front view.

I think this is better for driver safety than a wider support pillar.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 09:49 AM

I definitely think visibility is one of the biggest factors in safety. Having a wider view enables you to spot potential dangers a lot easier.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:12 PM

That helps a lot but the best way to not worry about blind spots is to drive fast
Just make sure you have some good jewish lawyers saved on your contact list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 09:06 AM

Lol well... I have always found them to be the best so I can't really argue with you about that one. That definitely is one way to get around blind spots though
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

I don't have any on my contacts list... Guess I'll have to do it the old school way and check my mirrors and use the added visibility on the NSX.
A ton of engineering must have gone into that one pillar to make it just as rigid as the larger ones while reducing the size.

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 12:45 PM

Anyone know the material that its constructed out of ?
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 01:44 PM

What are the odds we'll see them use an invisible A-Pillar in the future? Jaguar is going to apply it, then we have an RLX refresh coming soon, maybe it will get this feature? Along with that it might find its way in the NSX, Acura likes keeping exclusive stuff in its flagship models:

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:22 AM

I really like the concept of that. But that is some serious technology.. even senses the people walking around and places a red box around them just so you can ensure you see them. It would be amazing if the NSX had that.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

I doubt we'll have a full windscreen hud like that but the see through pillar would be great when it comes to blind spots all around, not just the A pillar. Sometimes the B pillar is quite large too and can block off enough of your field of vision for something to happen.

If that see throguh pillar tech is from Jaguar, what are the chances of them sharing it with other manufacturers?

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
I really like the concept of that. But that is some serious technology.. even senses the people walking around and places a red box around them just so you can ensure you see them. It would be amazing if the NSX had that.
It would especially as with most supercars these days its harder to see around you. It's gotten to the point they can no longer compromise design for visibility, so now visibility aids are required.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page