What other body kits are out there for the 2016 Acura NSX? - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by |\|SX View Post
If that Jon Sibal design comes to life, an easy way to get around possible air flow it cut off is to compensate by fabricating up some simple ducts that flow from what ever opening there is right to where you'd want it to go. At least that way it's more direct than open.
That may be hard since the NSX was deigned to have the air flow throughout the car's interior (not the cabin). Seems like they'll have to change more than just adding an extras duct or two.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 11:23 AM

That's true, in the following image it shows what they're doing would mess up most of the air flow. Some people might not even care about it anyways since most will be driving it on the street without any serious track use where aerodynamics will really factor in:

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:17 AM

This may deter the aftermarket from coming out with a body kit. R&D may cost too much if they want to retain the NSX airflow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:50 AM

I don't think it will at all, it won't appeal to everyone but fact is there's a market of people that understand what can be done on the street and how a kit like the above won't impact anything. The only real downside might be increased chances at scraping the body, but that's a small one.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 08:54 AM

Not sure which aftermarket company made this rendering of the NSX but why did they bolt on that extra piece between the front vent and wheel?

post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 08:57 AM

I believe those are canards that are placed for increased aerodynamics. Air flows over them which in turn increases downforce. Still, not fond of that kit to be honest.. I really don't like to see exposed rivets, although there are certain situations where it could work. Just not here in my opinion.

Nice find though !
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
Not sure which aftermarket company made this rendering of the NSX but why did they bolt on that extra piece between the front vent and wheel?

It's an aero kit made for the average owner like you and me, they don't really need a "good" reason for it, the reason could be as simple as it just looks good and flows with their design objective. Rarely do you see these brands come out with something truly aerodynamic and engineered with that in mind all the way through on a motorsports level.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 02:19 PM

The wheels look pretty good.. I think if they were to have molded the kit onto the car, it would look pretty nice. Something that looks seamless and smooth.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 AM

Those tires look too close to the wheel well for my liking, one tiny bump could send it scraping the inside. Good for track I guess but not for a daily driver. I was under the assumption that body kits were designed to improve performance but I guess that would take too much time and effort from the aftermarket company to do that.

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 09:44 AM

The amount of R&D it would cost to get a full on effective, performance enhancing body kit would cost a ridiculous amount. The car would have to have an extremely tight suspension, or air ride to have the wheel sitting so close and not damage anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page