Acura NSX Roadster Render Looks So Good It Might Come True - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Acura NSX Roadster Render Looks So Good It Might Come True

It's just a render, but it looks so good that it should become a reality. Really it is an NSX with the roof chopped off, and it seems that simple formula is genius.

The only other changes are the side scoops and a revised rear due to the power retractable soft top.

I'd say that there is a pretty good chance that it could happen too. Anyone remember this NSX concept driven by Robert Downey Jr. at the Avengers premiere.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:59 AM

Not liking that rendering of the NSX as a convertible, but what I am liking is the idea of it as a targa top. Design better suits a targa top and this actually held true with the original:

Even the original as a convertible would be ugly.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

I would be totally ok with a targa top instead. I don't thin the render looks bad though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 05:52 PM

Having the back window stick around does look a lot better. That might be true of all convertibles really. I've always felt that many designs look incomplete with the convertible roof down.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:06 AM

Targa cars still keeps most of the design's original roof line so that may be why it looks more complete to you. I think a Roadster NSX would still look amazing as long as it's a hardtop to retain that roofline.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:27 AM

Found a rendering of how the new NSX looks as a targa and it looks far better to me than the convertible rendering. But look aside there might be some real reasons for just going Targa and not Convertible, rigidity. With a Targa you clearly have most of the coupes structure in place unlike a convertible, it plays into driving dynamics and overall feel.

Only way it will happen is if Acura decided from the very start to offer it as a convertible.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 10:03 AM

Oh X-Tomi. Never letting us down when it comes to renderings. Really like the Targa concept more than the convertible because you have part fo the rear roofline to give it a more aggressive look.

A NSX convertible just looks like any run of the mill sporty convertible but the Targa back gives it more personality IMO. Would be perfect if it's paired with a hard top too.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
Oh X-Tomi. Never letting us down when it comes to renderings. Really like the Targa concept more than the convertible because you have part fo the rear roofline to give it a more aggressive look.

A NSX convertible just looks like any run of the mill sporty convertible but the Targa back gives it more personality IMO. Would be perfect if it's paired with a hard top too.
Removable hardtop would be ideal, but one issue will be storing it and Koenigsegg did well with that, allowing you to store it in the frunk, not sure if the NSX has space to allow for that. Pagani did that as well:

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 09:23 AM

I actually wouldn't mind the convertible... UNTIL....I saw the render of the x-tomi design with the targa!

The convertible render looks great, but I felt the back was bare. In comparison to the x-tomi render, there's more definition to the car.

Keeping the original concept of the older NSX with the targa.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 10:11 AM

I was thinking of a retractable hard top that is opened and closed automatically, not via man power. Though you do bring up a good point, the NSX engine is in the rear so there isn't really any space to store a roof there unless it's a completely removable one like the Pagani.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page