Nordic Gray pics? - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 01:41 PM

wouldn't care for a red inteiror on nordic gray but what I will look forward to is carbon fiber bits being added on since that always goes well with gray, especially when its a gray like this that has tones that flow well with carbon fiber finishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

This is still one of my top 2 choices... I'm at Nordic Gray and then Curva Red. And red interior is still my 1st choice with the NG.

Still have plenty of time anyway... and below is a walkaround vid I took at the Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Auto Show which ended Sunday.

Vids and pics don't do it justice... there is no matte look to this. In person, it is stunning and classy at the same time.

It really looks like a dark metallic gray with a slight green hue under white lights.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 08:52 AM

The Nordic Grey looks even better than I could have imagined in real life. I was sketptical about the carbon fiber roof standing out a bit too much in the brighter colors but it blends beautifully with the Nordic paint. Guess those 11 coats of enduro paint isn't just to say they have 11 coats.

Even the rear wheels flare reflector looks nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 02:57 PM

wow the nordic gray is better than i thought! Thanks @forty5th !

The carbon fiber is so discreet and I didn't realize there was a blend of the green until you you took the video.

I like the contrast to it, grayish green under different lighting and not just one solid color.

Simply gorgeous car.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 08:58 AM

Still not a fan of the carbon fiber roof but the nordic grey does bring out all the ridges and lines of the NSX. Those lines kind of got lost in the black paint but still stands out with the grey while still being a darker color than say red or blue.

Think this may be a few people's new paint choice.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
Still not a fan of the carbon fiber roof but the nordic grey does bring out all the ridges and lines of the NSX. Those lines kind of got lost in the black paint but still stands out with the grey while still being a darker color than say red or blue.

Good points, I thought the same... this is why I have Curva Red as my top 2 choices as well because the NSX's style & design stands out more with lighter or brighter colors. The Nordic Gray is beautiful yet still has a serious look however the lines are more discreet. Either way both colors look good on the car and it's really down to personal subjective decisions.

I am also sticking with the black aluminum roof... even in the interior I'd rather not have CF on the steering wheel. Better hand grip especially on the track with all leather. Alot of the prices drive up the final msrp due to aesthetic/cosmetic options... to me, it's not necessary because the car already looks fantastic in standard trim. I'd even do away with CCB but that's a late availability...

Last edited by forty5th; 03-31-2016 at 09:56 AM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post

Good points, I thought the same... this is why I have Curva Red as my top 2 choices as well because the NSX's style & design stands out more with lighter or brighter colors. The Nordic Gray is beautiful yet still has a serious look however the lines are more discreet. Either way both colors look good on the car and it's really down to personal subjective decisions. Can't go wrong no matter what.

I am also sticking with the black aluminum roof... even in the interior I'd rather not have CF on the steering wheel since it has better hand grip especially on the track with all leather. Alot of the prices drive up the final msrp due to aesthetic/cosmetic options... to me, it's not necessary because the car already looks fantastic in standard trim. I'd even do away with CCB but that's a late availability for the non-carbon brakes...
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 04:57 PM

I like carbon fiber but only sparingly. I'd consider having the spoiler in carbon fiber, but I am less interested in the hood or the roof being carbon fiber. i could see putting it on a spoiler and the little silver part on the upper part of the grille.

The spoiler here is along the lines of what I am imagining.

Last edited by mr.smith; 03-31-2016 at 04:59 PM.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 05:09 PM

Favorite example of carbon fiber used in a subtle way is this Brabus C-Class, being a black car helps:

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 01:58 PM

I would probably add the CF on the top roof and spoiler too, like the Type R, except in that picture it's black (at least I would think).

Then keep the side skirts black.

Side mirrors would be debating for me, as I feel that would be too much to add the carbon fiber touch to it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page