Could NSX Give Birth To Baby ZSX? - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 09:15 AM

Would the S1000 be able to fit a larger engine and electric motors? I assume Honda wants to keep the hybrid platform across the SX lineup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 09:48 AM

Doubt it. I would think something along the lines of a 1.5T engine with small electric motors if they even include those. Especially because I think it would be in the 300hp range
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 09:08 AM

Maybe it'll have the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine from the Honda Civic Type R with one electric motor for the front wheels and two for the back. Didn't Acura patent some design pictures last year of a baby NSX? I assume the concept could looks a little like this:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 09:33 AM

That would actually look really good. But if it looks like that, it'll look like something that will compete with Audi's upcoming R5 or something ? The CTR 2.0T with an electric motor will be ideal, just to give it that extra bit more, and I'm sure this will weigh a decent amount if they limit it to one motor
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:20 AM

But Audi and Acura aren't under the same parent company so there's no internal competition which could be a deterrent for that design. External competition with other companies are normal.

Would a baby NSX even fit 3 motors? Don't think a baby NSX that weighs similar to the NSX would sell all that well. NightWing could be right and they could limit it to one motor or two.

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
That would actually look really good. But if it looks like that, it'll look like something that will compete with Audi's upcoming R5 or something ? The CTR 2.0T with an electric motor will be ideal, just to give it that extra bit more, and I'm sure this will weigh a decent amount if they limit it to one motor
Actually it seems more of something that will rival the Alfa Romeo 4C. Audi's R5 might be too heavy. I think out of its entire segment it's the heaviest out of all. So that's something to think about. Acura is sort of in the business of making lighter vehicles.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 08:59 AM

I'm sure after all of the nit bits people have been giving about how heavy the NSX is, obviously because of the motors, they'll be taking weight in to much more consideration. The base weight of the 4C is merely 2465lbs which is quite low.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 09:08 AM

If Acura plans to put motors in there, I doubt the ZSX will be all that light even if the packaging looks small. I assume the ZSX will compete with the likes of the Alfa Romeo 4C, Porsche Cayman and the Lotus Elise. Not sure about the new Audi R5 since there isn't much news about it.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:34 PM

If they're smart they'll share some components like batteries with another car maker. Seems to be one of those areas where its easier to save compared to others which get really specific to a certain vehicle.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 03:33 PM

But which other manufacturers are utilizing electric motors in a performance manner with smaller vehicles like these ? Comparable to the size and weight of the 4C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page