Acura NSX GT3 In All Its Carbon Fiber Glory - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Acura NSX GT3 In All Its Carbon Fiber Glory

We first saw the NSX GT3 back in March this year and it was sporting a mainly white livery but now, Acura has released the first official pictures of the GT3 before its North American motorsports debut and it looks glorious.

Carbon fiber as far as the eye can see, the custom bodywork was probably designed to keep the weight down. No matter the reason, we can all agree that the NSX GT3 is drool worthy, especially when the sun hits it just right while the car is racing down the GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, perfectly highlighting the carbon-fiber weave.

Besides the drool worthy body, Acura has equipped it with a large fixed rear wing, underbody diffuser, front splitter and canards, and bigger bonnet vents to help cool down the engine.

Paired with the new aerodynamic parts is a 3.5-litre twin-turbo V6, the same one used in the production vehicle. Everything from the pistons to its dry sump setup are the same. What is different between the two is the gearbox, the production NSX has a nine-speed dual-clutch gearbox whereas the GT3 mode is sporting a rear wheel drive six-speed sequential gearbox.

The NSX GT3 won’t be racing until 2017 and Honda has only announced their plans to race in North America Next year but, we can expect to see it compete in various international races since it is built to GT3 specifications and therefore eligible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 08:19 PM

The major difference is that the electric motors are gone to comply with the rules of GT3.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 01:23 PM

I really like that fixed wing. I just love the way these GT cars end up looking in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 09:50 AM

Oh right, GT3 doesn't allow AWD and electric motors.

That means the NSX GT3 is the like the regular NSx but with more power and down-force with less weight and all the tech bits. This version may be what those old NSX enthusiasts are looking for.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 06:24 PM

Hopefully they plan on taking this around to events for display since it shows the seriousness of Acura in making this into a true supercar since for a series like this you absolutely need a good base to start off of.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:55 AM

I would definitely love to see it in person. I love how there's the different variations. The NSX EV concept, ICE GT3, and the regular hybrid.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 10:06 AM

I'd like to read the power numbers from that thing and a list of mods they've made to the engine. I'm sure they won't leave it as stock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page