Acura NSX 0-60 Test With The Fast Lane Car - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Acura NSX 0-60 Test With The Fast Lane Car

The Fast Lane Car editor Roman Mica had a chance to go from 0-60mph in the new 2017 Acura NSX with and without launch control but there’s one catch, he didn’t have his performance meters with him so we’ll have to time it ourselves via his Youtube video.

Sitting beside an Acura engineer, Mica was given a rundown of the NSX’s launch control. To use launch control, drivers will need to first change to Track mode by holding the mode changer for 4 seconds. Once on track mode you’ll need to put your left foot on brake and when ready, your right foot goes full throttle. With both feet flat on the floor, the rpm will go up until it hits 2200 and a message inside the tach will let you know that it’s time to lift off the brake and floor it.

Without launch control, this 573 horsepower with 406 lb-ft of torque will go from 0-60 mph in just under 5 seconds. This is from our observation while keeping an eye on the Youtube timer, maybe your time is different. With launch control, we got an acceleration time of around 4 seconds.

What are your times?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 02:20 PM

Around 4 seconds with launch control isn't that bad at all... Curious to see specific values from more reviewers though
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 05:37 PM

Not bad for stock, it will get even more exciting once aftermarket brands like Hennessey Performance and the like get their hands on it.
What sort of performance improvements are you guys hoping to get?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 07:59 AM

First, I would like to see someone do a stock tune to see exactly how much we can squeeze out of it. Follow that up with bigger turbos and see the results
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 08:48 AM

That's going to be a long time until you see a tune since the first one has only recently been delivered, then Acura will need to fill their other orders and someone will need to donate their NSX to the turners and aftermarket companies. I got around 4 seconds with and without launch control. Not sure if my timing was off or not but shouldn't there be a noticeable time difference?

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 11:40 AM

It might not even be a case of them donating one or some to tuners, instead tuners might have to rely on owners, so if that's the case it could take a while since not everyone will be willing to do that. So, we could see tuners reach out to some of us here. Don't be surprised when they show up.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 01:30 PM

I wouldn't mind too much.. and typically it would be a noticeable time difference if you were to use launch control compared to not using it.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
That's going to be a long time until you see a tune since the first one has only recently been delivered, then Acura will need to fill their other orders and someone will need to donate their NSX to the turners and aftermarket companies. I got around 4 seconds with and without launch control. Not sure if my timing was off or not but shouldn't there be a noticeable time difference?
With the more expensive stickier tires you'll be able to get a better time I imagine. The standard tires are optimized more of overall street usage.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 AM

Most definitely, putting on a set of drag radials would bump these times a darn good amount. Drop in some race fuel and you're talking some substantial differences
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 AM

Look at the Hellcat Challenger. Stock 1/4 mile time is 11.08. Put some slicks and race fuel, you're at 10.5s.
1fastAcura likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page