2016+ Acura NSX Forum

2016+ Acura NSX Forum (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/)
-   2016+ Acura NSX News (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-news/)
-   -   Acura NSX 0-60 Test With The Fast Lane Car (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-news/6442-acura-nsx-0-60-test-fast-lane-car.html)

Acura NSX News 05-26-2016 11:52 AM

Acura NSX 0-60 Test With The Fast Lane Car

https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/membe...x-0-60-mph.jpg

The Fast Lane Car editor Roman Mica had a chance to go from 0-60mph in the new 2017 Acura NSX with and without launch control but there’s one catch, he didn’t have his performance meters with him so we’ll have to time it ourselves via his Youtube video.

Sitting beside an Acura engineer, Mica was given a rundown of the NSX’s launch control. To use launch control, drivers will need to first change to Track mode by holding the mode changer for 4 seconds. Once on track mode you’ll need to put your left foot on brake and when ready, your right foot goes full throttle. With both feet flat on the floor, the rpm will go up until it hits 2200 and a message inside the tach will let you know that it’s time to lift off the brake and floor it.

Without launch control, this 573 horsepower with 406 lb-ft of torque will go from 0-60 mph in just under 5 seconds. This is from our observation while keeping an eye on the Youtube timer, maybe your time is different. With launch control, we got an acceleration time of around 4 seconds.

What are your times?

NightWing 05-26-2016 02:20 PM

Around 4 seconds with launch control isn't that bad at all... Curious to see specific values from more reviewers though

|\|SX 05-26-2016 05:37 PM

Not bad for stock, it will get even more exciting once aftermarket brands like Hennessey Performance and the like get their hands on it.
What sort of performance improvements are you guys hoping to get?

Shawn 05-27-2016 07:59 AM

First, I would like to see someone do a stock tune to see exactly how much we can squeeze out of it. Follow that up with bigger turbos and see the results

RedNSX 05-27-2016 08:48 AM

That's going to be a long time until you see a tune since the first one has only recently been delivered, then Acura will need to fill their other orders and someone will need to donate their NSX to the turners and aftermarket companies. I got around 4 seconds with and without launch control. Not sure if my timing was off or not but shouldn't there be a noticeable time difference?

|\|SX 05-27-2016 11:40 AM

It might not even be a case of them donating one or some to tuners, instead tuners might have to rely on owners, so if that's the case it could take a while since not everyone will be willing to do that. So, we could see tuners reach out to some of us here. Don't be surprised when they show up.

Shawn 05-27-2016 01:30 PM

I wouldn't mind too much.. and typically it would be a noticeable time difference if you were to use launch control compared to not using it.

|\|SX 05-30-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNSX (Post 34922)
That's going to be a long time until you see a tune since the first one has only recently been delivered, then Acura will need to fill their other orders and someone will need to donate their NSX to the turners and aftermarket companies. I got around 4 seconds with and without launch control. Not sure if my timing was off or not but shouldn't there be a noticeable time difference?

With the more expensive stickier tires you'll be able to get a better time I imagine. The standard tires are optimized more of overall street usage.

NightWing 05-31-2016 07:57 AM

Most definitely, putting on a set of drag radials would bump these times a darn good amount. Drop in some race fuel and you're talking some substantial differences

Shawn 06-01-2016 08:50 AM

Look at the Hellcat Challenger. Stock 1/4 mile time is 11.08. Put some slicks and race fuel, you're at 10.5s.